Show off your kayak!
Jordo
Square eyes
kayak: AI

Re: Jordo's Dorado II

Post by Jordo »

Some mods on the dorado II:
received_1168294093198247.jpeg
two additional flush mount rod holders, a light and mounting bracket and wiring for it
received_1168289509865372.jpeg
mounted my ff, a system for fishing forward, strap and tie down system for my tackle box, and a live bait well
Time spent in the ocean is time spent living.
R3dY@k
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Heritage RedFish 12

Post by R3dY@k »

Looking good mate, how do you find the tracport dash? stable with two rods in it?

Ben
Jordo
Square eyes

Post by Jordo »

R3dY@k wrote:Looking good mate, how do you find the tracport dash? stable with two rods in it?

Ben
I haven't tried it out yet, ive modified the base of the tracport so it can fit in the mount in any direction, this may make it more unstable...... ill keep you posted
R3dY@k

Post by R3dY@k »

Jordo wrote:
R3dY@k wrote:Looking good mate, how do you find the tracport dash? stable with two rods in it?

Ben
I haven't tried it out yet, ive modified the base of the tracport so it can fit in the mount in any direction, this may make it more unstable...... ill keep you posted
I've never been up close and personal with one, did you cut off some sort of stability fitting?
Jordo
Square eyes

Post by Jordo »

R3dY@k wrote:I've never been up close and personal with one, did you cut off some sort of stability fitting?
There's a little plastic fitting on the underside that locks into onto the railblaza to stabilize it, I trimmed that a tiny bit cause otherwise it only goes on in one direction (you cant rotate it), I did this to suit my old yak as I had nowhere to store it when in transit, that way I could just rotate it and lock it in long ways along the hatch and paddle around it. Not really nessecary on the dorado, but it was already done.
4liters
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Native Watercraft Slayer 13, Stealth Fisha 500

Post by 4liters »

Ben
I've got one on my yak and I've found it to be stable enough with two rods mounted. The central mount on the thing is a bit redundant because once you have two rod holders there isn't really room to attach anything else.

If I had the space I'd probably get the tracport with the four mounts instead, but this one does the job well enough.

I don't know if cutting off the plastic pieces would affect its stability, but I've found it perfectly workable for what I want to do as it is just facing straight ahead.
R3dY@k

Post by R3dY@k »

Cheers guys,

Sounds like they are a pretty good bit of kit. Anyone know where to get a good deal on them?
Jordo
Square eyes

Post by Jordo »

R3dY@k wrote:Cheers guys,

Sounds like they are a pretty good bit of kit. Anyone know where to get a good deal on them?
I got mine from capacity sports for about $80 I think...., I have seen them for a lot more than that so I thought that was an ok deal. Nello knows a website that has some really cheap railblaza stuff.
Nello
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Red Ai and a tinny.

Post by Nello »

Jordo wrote:
R3dY@k wrote:Cheers guys,

I got mine from capacity sports for about $80 I think...., I have seen them for a lot more than that so I thought that was an ok deal. Nello knows a website that has some really cheap railblaza stuff.
I get all my railblaza stuff off freak Sports, I've found they have most railblaza gear for a good price.