Hammerhead shark takes on kayaker and paddle

SAFETY FIRST!! Please read as no fish is worth dying for.
spider25160
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie itrek 11

Re: Hammerhead shark takes on kayaker and paddle

Post by spider25160 »

It seems to me that there is an increase of shark activity due in part at least to an increase in population of both human and shark. As the message of caring for the environment and the protection of some species like the Great white take effect. My experience with Hammer heads in Australia at least suggests that the behavior of this shark is very much out of the ordinary. In my time I have swum with many small and large sharks (Unfortunately not whites). Whilst they have the size and teeth to be potential "man eaters" they tend to be shy and cautious around humans. I have always considered the hammerhead as the "gentlemen" of the toothy critters so it would be interesting to know what happened in the lead up to this footage to make this little fellow so excited.
Your mind is like a Parachute! It only works when it is open
Yak PB's: Snook 68cm, Black Bream 38cm, KGW 50cm, :up: Couta 72cm, snapper 45cm Australian Salmon 64cm Redfin 37cm EP 39cm Blue throat wrasse 46cm Dusky Flathead 56cm :yahoo:
Smish
Lord of the fish
kayak: Viking Profish Reload

Re: Hammerhead shark takes on kayaker and paddle

Post by Smish »

I heard that hammerhead was sponsored by Hobie to take out the competition as part of an asymmetric strategy for market dominance. :shhh: