Yakker vs Matt Hunt

SAFETY FIRST!! Please read as no fish is worth dying for.
Wind Waker
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie Outback, Hobie PA14 MD180,

Re: Yakker vs Matt Hunt

Post by Wind Waker »

hammertym wrote:
squidgyflicker wrote:better to stand out like dogs balls then to not be seen at all
Thats why I strap dogs balls to my light pole..... gets me out of a hairy situation
From a Sheppard or a pomeranian?
Live long, fish hard and hopefully catch something.
bjspinner
Lord of the fish
kayak: PA14 180Drive/ Oasis

Post by bjspinner »

cheaterparts wrote:
maverick wrote:Does he have a light at all?
one would not know and I bet Matt Hunt never bothered to find out if this guy was operating in a legal fashion
even if it is fairly stupid to not be using an all round white light
Smish wrote:Only needs to shine a light to prevent a collision.
The law needs to be changed.
I agree the law needs to be changed
Fines somehow attached to fishing licences may be a deterrent/compliance.
I know the rules are not quite clear and hard to enforce and the majority of the non-compliant/ dangerous actions in kayaks are by fishermen/woman.
So I assume we/they all have licence's, so make it aware through the fishing licence that Fisheries have the right to fine inappropriate actions/behaviour etc.

It doesn't require extra staffing to a degree but a fine may be enough of a deterrent that people consider what is SAFE.
Most carry their fishing licence or a copy of it on the water, the fact that this can be a form of identification to name the person responsible may make policing of these issues easier.

So no kayak licence's just a broadening of the powers of a fishing licence, if you are landbased only it is of no concern.
Mobile 0418991898
PB: Micro surgery on one of Scuba Sue's Gummy's
4liters
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Native Watercraft Slayer 13, Stealth Fisha 500

Post by 4liters »

Just putting the finishing touches on my light, soon I'll be able to stay out after dark.
choppers
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: prowler elite 4.5

Post by choppers »

4liters wrote:Just putting the finishing touches on my light, soon I'll be able to stay out after dark.
Good stuff :up:
What are u using??
"Ye old town" Yak captures - gummy (116) salmon (32) flatty (35) yakka (28) silver trev (25) couta (38) plus all the garbage fish

Prowler victims - squid (30cm) Gar (36) Snapper (80 :yahoo: ) kgw (39)
4liters
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Native Watercraft Slayer 13, Stealth Fisha 500

Post by 4liters »

That one that Shane posted a while back, I've got a few modifications on his design but it's mostly the same thing. I might give it a go on Thursday and finally get my first decent snapper. Haven't decided on where yet.
chunk9000
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Pro Fisha 525

Post by chunk9000 »

Smish wrote:The least useful result of an incident like this is a kayak witch hunt. At times I've seen boats on the water at night with no lights and the last time I fished Werribee South a boat was towed to shore by the Coast Guard and I'm sure there have been a few more since the start of snapper season. An idiot on the water is an idiot because of how they behave, it has nothing to do with whether they're on a kayak, boat or a JetSki.
Agree Smish. The human race contains xx% moron and we are just more attentive to kayaks. Then again I cycle to work daily so I presume everyones a moron.