It is currently 21 Sep 2018, 03:33

New Stealth

Show off your kayak!

Re: New Stealth

Postby Reeling » 11 Jul 2018, 22:09

For the rod butts, I had similar issues with the larger rods fitting into Scotty rod holders. I just trimmed down with a sharp Stanley knife and then sanded to tidy up.

As for modding... You'll probably find the more you use it the more you'll discover what you want so would try and wait until you get some time on the water.
My kayak PBs - you gotta start somewhere:
Flathead 52 cm --- Squid 29 cm hood --- Gummy 83cm (55cm legal) --- Pinkie 38cm --- Leatherjacket 23cm-ish --- Southern Bluefin Tuna 20.5kg
Reeling
Square eyes

kayak: 2015 Revo 13

Postby bagpuss » 11 Jul 2018, 22:15

Thanks for the tip Reeling Im only looking at changing the fish finder for now and maybe a back rest from BCF in the sale as i have some lower back issues :down:
bagpuss
Apprentice

kayak: Stealth Profisha 475

Postby inshorebrawler » 12 Jul 2018, 15:20

Looking forward to seeing these mods as I'm in the same situation. Need to win some more brownie points first
My name is Frank and I'm addicted to Hobies.
inshorebrawler
Lord of the fish

kayak: Dune AI

Postby westy » 12 Jul 2018, 17:42

:mrgreen: very nice :D
westy
Square eyes

kayak: hobie revo 13

Postby bagpuss » 12 Jul 2018, 20:16

Nothing major just change the sounder I'm still not shore as the best way to fit the transducer I've seen some hanging off the side on a alloy strip or just stick it down in the hull :? I will also fit a anchor trolley system then fit some forward facing rod holders from Sea Sherpa ready for the snapper :yahoo: I will also look at how things are set out in the fish hatch like rods tackle and a way keeping the catch I'm looking at a esky on the back for the catch that way the hatch wont stink If I catch :roll: I know the hatch is for the fish but just thinking some things through The main target fish are Snapper Squid and some Flathead at the mo the main idea is to fish out from millers rd I live in point cook but happy to travel a bit just need to fit it in around the family and work

All ideas and suggestions welcome Thanks Mike
bagpuss
Apprentice

Postby bagpuss » 12 Jul 2018, 20:28

some more photos
Attachments
IMG_1631.jpg
IMG_1275.PNG
IMG_1275.PNG (255.42 KiB) Viewed 254 times
IMG_1273.PNG
IMG_1273.PNG (152.68 KiB) Viewed 254 times
IMG_1272.PNG
IMG_1272.PNG (271.45 KiB) Viewed 254 times
bagpuss
Apprentice

Postby happyas » 12 Jul 2018, 21:24

Have fun. They are a great yak. I have an older evo 475. probably a little heavier but still goes well.
happyas
Lord of the fish

kayak: stealth evo 465

Postby laneends » 15 Jul 2018, 11:07

bagpuss wrote:Nothing major just change the sounder I'm still not shore as the best way to fit the transducer I've seen some hanging off the side on a alloy strip or just stick it down in the hull :? I will also fit a anchor trolley system then fit some forward facing rod holders from Sea Sherpa ready for the snapper :yahoo: I will also look at how things are set out in the fish hatch like rods tackle and a way keeping the catch I'm looking at a esky on the back for the catch that way the hatch wont stink If I catch :roll: I know the hatch is for the fish but just thinking some things through The main target fish are Snapper Squid and some Flathead at the mo the main idea is to fish out from millers rd I live in point cook but happy to travel a bit just need to fit it in around the family and work

All ideas and suggestions welcome Thanks Mike

If you live on Point Cook rd then campbells cove and even the coastal park would be convenient launches for squid and flatties in particular
laneends
Needs a life (forum tragic)

kayak: Red Quest 13, Ivory Quest 11,Ivory Revo 16

Postby laneends » 15 Jul 2018, 11:10

You will be happy you didn't start off with a 3m bath tub from BCF/Ebay. You will surprise yourself with distances you cover, even if its unintentional
laneends

kayak: Red Quest 13, Ivory Quest 11,Ivory Revo 16

Postby cheaterparts » 15 Jul 2018, 16:38

bagpuss wrote:Nothing major just change the sounder I'm still not shore as the best way to fit the transducer I've seen some hanging off the side on a alloy strip or just stick it down in the hull :? I will also fit a anchor trolley system then fit some forward facing rod holders from Sea Sherpa ready for the snapper :yahoo: I will also look at how things are set out in the fish hatch like rods tackle and a way keeping the catch I'm looking at a esky on the back for the catch that way the hatch wont stink If I catch :roll: I know the hatch is for the fish but just thinking some things through

Mike unless you are using a side scan sounder probably the easiest think to do with your transducer is glue it in the hull - I used Epoxy and have had no problems with that ( have a chat to Seasherpa if your aren't sure , he's fitted quite a few now )

he will also put you straight on anchor trolley parts and rod holders

as for the esky on the back that will lift the centre of gravity and make the craft less stable - I have used a cheap Aldis dry bay with some ice a few times for squid and other smaller fish like flathead - that tucks easy into the fish box
stacking fish in the fish box make the craft more stable as it lowers the centre of gravity
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Yellow Eye Mullet 32 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Long Fin Pike 41.5 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 40 hood lenth

cheater
0402 208 657
cheaterparts

kayak: Stealth Profisha 525 --- OK Prowler Ultra 4.3.

PreviousNext

Return to The Beast