So Who Else Hates Housework?

Completely off topic!
doddsj
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: 2009 Hobie Outback

Re: So Who Else Hates Housework?

Post by doddsj »

G'day Dig,

16 Acres would keep you extremely busy, never mind the Housework!! This time of the year you would start mowing at one end and by the time you reached the other end it would have grown 6 inches!
Housework is something i try to avoid as much as possible. I wait till my wife gently reminds me to move my arse. Same goes ouside i detest gardening as well. They just interfere with valuable fishing time. :lol:

Cheers, Steve.
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign

Post by maverick »

What is this housework thing you all speak of. :lol: :lol:
Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.
Digger
Vyak Addict
kayak: Tinny, Piers anywhere I can!

Post by Digger »

doddsj wrote:G'day Dig,

16 Acres would keep you extremely busy, never mind the Housework!! This time of the year you would start mowing at one end and by the time you reached the other end it would have grown 6 inches!
Housework is something i try to avoid as much as possible. I wait till my wife gently reminds me to move my arse. Same goes ouside i detest gardening as well. They just interfere with valuable fishing time. :lol:

Cheers, Steve.

Yes Steve,

It's a bit like the Sydney Harbour Bridge scenario but I actually only mow about 5 acres and soon the cows will be looking after the rest.

I refuse to mow more than fortnightly and am spraying the dockweed at the moment as the day after I mow up pop the daisies and it looks messy again. So if I can get rid of that I might be able to mow less frequently???? Saving for one of those huge John Deere front deck, zero turn mowers as that should halve the time I spend mowing and leave more time for fishing. They're about $7.5k though and I don't want to take that out of the "tin tank".

Actually I still need to cut firewood as some of the nights are cool enough for a fire so I have plenty of excuses not to do (much) housework!

That's life on the farm.

Dig
Ramma
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Heritage redfish 12

Post by Ramma »

Love to cook, hate cleaning. Luckily I have an other half that seems to enjoy my efforts at keeping starvation at bay. Fair swap I think.
A true friend stabs you in the front
Digger
Vyak Addict

Post by Digger »

Ramma wrote:Love to cook, hate cleaning. Luckily I have an other half that seems to enjoy my efforts at keeping starvation at bay. Fair swap I think.

It's good if you compliment each other like that but I wanna know how it is that us blokes get to do the BBQ's ALL the time....think we've been had fellas!

Dig
HaTTerS
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: None (temporarily)

Post by HaTTerS »

Digger wrote:
Ramma wrote:Love to cook, hate cleaning. Luckily I have an other half that seems to enjoy my efforts at keeping starvation at bay. Fair swap I think.

It's good if you compliment each other like that but I wanna know how it is that us blokes get to do the BBQ's ALL the time....think we've been had fellas!

Dig
(I'm not married, but...) I don't mind having to do the BBQ. I wouldn't trust my ribeye to anyone else anyway. ;)
Poised on the edge of sanity.
twavvy
Lord of the fish
kayak: Perception Swing

Post by twavvy »

Doing housework is awesome! It has 2 outcomes, due to the accumulated brownie points:

1) More fishing days "I'll do housework if you let me have saturday morning......"
2) More "other" activities :evilgrin:

:D :D :D :D
Trav
wembas
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Feelfree Moken

Post by wembas »

i do pretty much all the housework at our joint - , and i do most of the cooking too actually. :wtf: how the hell did that happen :?: :?: :?:
Ramma
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Heritage redfish 12

Post by Ramma »

Digger wrote: I wanna know how it is that us blokes get to do the BBQ's ALL the time....think we've been had fellas!

Dig
Open flame is mens business...
Try that one on, sure to get a rise
A true friend stabs you in the front
Digger
Vyak Addict

Post by Digger »

Rib Eye....sheesh! I saw one this week, one only, $30!! Thirty bloody dollars for one steak! Bullshit!

Between that and the price of lamb, those bunnies in the paddock are looking better every day! Even the neighbours horse....hmmmm. Wombat stew?

You reckon that "open flame for real men" might be a kind of reverse psychology strategy? Could work.

Dig...thinking ~