Berkley FS6's, Frenzy's & more!

What lures are working and people's reviews and photos on what they have caught on them!
mingle
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: one

Re: Berkley FS6's, Frenzy's & more!

Post by mingle »

Hey Bill,

Which ones did you manage to get?

If anyone is after some of the FS6's, I'm going to buy some from the wholesaler $2.82 each plus shipping - I'm not sure how much shipping will be, but hopefully not too much.

If you have specific numbers/patterns, I can order them at the same time (should save on shipping)...

Cheers,

Mike.
bilby
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Fender Stratocaster + Marshall stack

Post by bilby »

Hi Mike,
I got the silver and the purple color one sf -6, they had the brown / earthy color as well. They also had the next size up which swim to 2.4 mt approx.
Thanks for the offer mate, but i'll be right with the ones i have, i really got them to try on the salmon (and anything else that wants to play).
I'll let you know how i go with them.
Cheers Bilby.
Bill 0409139460
PSF
kayak: -

Post by PSF »

I just might add, that the flicker shad's, the first row, on the furthest to the right, is a killer on salmon, when they are deep.
bilby
PHD in Yakology.

Post by bilby »

Well just a quick update on the frenzy's, i went down to safety beach on Saturday and got 8 sambo's, 3 pinkies (all undersize) on the berkley's. I noticed that they haven't got much action and can be trolled quite fast which seemed to work on the salmon, all the salmon were over 40cm with two going 48cm - 50cm the trebles didn't bend and the lure didn't break. I mainly used the silver / black / red one. So all in all for around $3.00 they aren't bad little lures.
Good stuff Mingle, thanks for sharing a bargain.
Bilby.
Bill 0409139460
glassman
The force is strong in this one
kayak: hobie pa

Post by glassman »

gday bill, glad to see you got some nice fish on those lures, i am having trouble finding them anywhere.
bilby
PHD in Yakology.

Post by bilby »

Hi Jim, i got them at Big W in Karingal, i reckon any Big W would have them though, unless Mingle has cleaned em all out.
Cheers Bilby.
Bill 0409139460
bilby
PHD in Yakology.

Post by bilby »

Just another update on the frenzy, over the past week, i have caught close to 30 salmon, 3 pinkies, 1 pike 68cm, and a few squid tried eating it as well. The trebles are still straight and i've found the quicker you can pedal, the more hits you get.
Thats what i like, a lure that you can troll and still cover lots of ground :D
I'm starting to sound like Mingle, but i'm liking these lures more and more, not sure on what else other than the above will eat these lures but i'm having fun trying them out anyway.
Bilby.
Bill 0409139460
mingle
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: one

Post by mingle »

Hey Bilby,

I've also caught yank flatties, stinky pike, trevally and a monster porcupine fish!

Cheers,

Mike.
bilby
PHD in Yakology.

Post by bilby »

What about Marlin ????
Bilby.
Bill 0409139460
ratfish
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Outback + mini x + AI

Post by ratfish »

They work a treat in the fresh as well, although I prefer the shads and crank baits for that, dollar for dollar I don't think I've ever found a lure to match these. had to upgrade a few hooks as a decent sized cod will straighten them out but they still work out damn cheap. Funny in the salt my goto is a silver FS6 as well, must be something about it...

It's also nice to have a collection of lures I don't need to cry so much about when the kids put them into trees and other bizarre snags. Initially I purchased them for them to mess around with, but when they started out fishing me... well turns out it wasn't the lures but still :lol: