ABT Hobie St Georges Basin wrap up

Australian Bream Fishing competition talk here!
wendel27
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Hobie Revo

ABT Hobie St Georges Basin wrap up

Post by wendel27 »

A little late but here it is...
Awesome weekend away. Tuff fishing, some of the slowest i have had, the Bream were cranky for most of the weekend.
Thanks to Matty P and Rodman (Dad) for the accomodation. I think next time we need a ticketing system for the toilet in the morning, a few close calls there.
Scotty Baker = funniest man on the planet! :clap: Had Richo and I in stitches all weekend. Richo's snoring woke the whole house up on numerous occasions. Chainsaw. Out of control at the moment.
It frightened the life out of me and at one stage I even reached for the .44 magnum.
Well done to Richard Somerton on the second place finish and qualifying for the GF, solid tournament man. If only Greg Lewis hadnt shown up. He is too good at the moment.
Also congrats to Donkey for qualifying, that new rod was the key...
Thanks for an awesome trip fellas,
Clark
Last edited by wendel27 on 19 Aug 2011, 21:53, edited 1 time in total.
Donkey
Square eyes
kayak: PA12 - The Appendage

Re: ABT Hobie St Georges Basis wrap up

Post by Donkey »

And your 10th place Qualifying for the GF was an awesome effort too Clark, congratulations! You even caught fish on both days which was better than most of us myself included. The glory goes to Richard (Diver72) Somerton though for his 2 placing, Huge corgrats mate!

I've got to say it was one of the most enjoyable weekends I've had in a very long time and I don't remember the last time I laughed so hard. Baker, you're a bloody legend! :lol: :lol: :lol: well played. :clap:

Matty your a machine behind the wheel too, thanks for the ride mate and to the king for the use of his yak, and Gary for the accomm. I felt kind of spoilt, and qualifying for the GF just topped of an awesome weekend with top company. See yall at Port Macquarie!
Last edited by Donkey on 21 Aug 2011, 20:36, edited 1 time in total.
EEeee-ooorrrrrrrrrrrrr
Crozza
kayak: Hobie Pro Angler

Re: ABT Hobie St Georges Basin wrap up

Post by Crozza »

Yeah Clark i agree with the tough weekend, i only got 3 bream on Friday (2) and Saturday (1) combined and it was only from a hot tip from Martin Fellows (marfel) to use a gold ZX that i was finally able to get onto some fish on the Sunday. So i was very happy with the Boss Hog and also the biggest bag for Sunday unfornately i was too far back to make much in roads.
Big congratulations to both Clark and Donkey for qualifying for the Grand Final, and to all the Mexicans who did well up there, by my calculations there were 6 of us in the top 10.
See you at Port Macquarie.
Cheers Joel
Last edited by Crozza on 23 Aug 2011, 19:22, edited 1 time in total.
wendel27
kayak: Hobie Revo

Post by wendel27 »

Yeah crozza well done brother on the boss hog mate forget to mention that. :oops: Crackin fish and just goes to show perserverence pays off! If you fished more comps mate you would be unstoppable I reckon.
You are one of the guys along with Tony Pettie and Jason Meech who are always keen for a chat and willing to share some knowledge...
It is hard coming back on the second day when you dont get a bag on the first... same mate I got 3 friday and 1 Sat. Sunday was a bit of luck.Cast and hope.
Top place but I would love to have a crack in the summer using hards and surface lures.
Hey Donkey if you need someone to test out that Megabass rod and give it some mojo just give me a yell and I will put it thru its paces when the rivers open up!
Clark
Donkey
Square eyes
kayak: PA12 - The Appendage

Post by Donkey »

Hey Joel,

Good to meet you on the Sunday. I didn't realise you were on here, Joel/Crozza, makes sense though! Well done again on The Boss Hogg.

And Clark, I'm sure we can work something out mate, we'll have to catch up for a fish soon..

Cheers
EEeee-ooorrrrrrrrrrrrr
Diver72
Apprentice
kayak: Hobie Outback, Pro Angler

Post by Diver72 »

That was a great weekend I had a ball. I think Scotty Baker deserves an Oscar for the double switch on us but it was still funny as hell. A good bunch of blokes to be away with barring the snoring and the rest that shall not be mentioned.
Hey Clarky and Richo the trout and Salmon fishing up here has been awesome :)) ( you know where I am!)
Thank to all of us Mexicans for a great weekend and smashing the Welshmen ( all except that bloody Lewis!!). :)