kingfisher?

Got an review on your kayak? Post it here!
andy2004
Apprentice
kayak: kingfisher (banana)

Re: kingfisher?

Post by andy2004 »

thanx guys yea the review looks good for my 1st yak and yea you really dont hear alot of bad things about em.really good they made just down the road to!!
[flash] AnDy
mozza
Apprentice
kayak: kingfisher

Post by mozza »

I have a kingfisher, I bought it so i could do some touring, and fishing, making use of the large storage areas to stow my gear, I have used it in salt and fresh water and found it highly stable and manouverable, plenty of pimping mods and space too. Now the down side its big, 4.3 metres long. I found it too big too put on the roof of my wagon without damage, and its heavy, another problem with putting on the roof. I have made a trailer for it and i am able to use boat ramps to launch it, as once you start pimping and fitting it out it gains even more weight. When sitting in it, there is a low spot under your ass that the water stays in and will not drain away so at times this can be annoying.Storage space at home can be an issue, i have mine stored in the rafters in my shed, up out of the way.when i want to use it I put the trailer under it and lower it straight onto the trailer easy. cheers Moz
cheaterparts
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: Stealth Profisha 525 ---

Post by cheaterparts »

mozza wrote: Now the down side its big, 4.3 metres long. I found it too big too put on the roof of my wagon without damage, and its heavy, another problem with putting on the roof. I have made a trailer for it and i am able to use boat ramps to launch it, as once you start pimping and fitting it out it gains even more weight. When sitting in it, there is a low spot under your ass that the water stays in and will not drain away so at times this can be annoying.Storage space at home can be an issue, i have mine stored in the rafters in my shed, up out of the way.when i want to use it I put the trailer under it and lower it straight onto the trailer easy. cheers Moz
I wouldn't of thought you would call the kingy that heavy - I have not problem putting mine on the racks on the car
and as for storage from now on with the days getting longer mine just lives on the car

or it did last year on the longer days only coming off to fish
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Long tail Tuna 86 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Cobia 117 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 44 hood length

cheater
0402 208 657
Widsa
Site Admin
kayak: Wavedance Kingfisher

Post by Widsa »

Yeah I dont think its that heavy either.
It is rated at 26kg bare hull so thats not bad.
I usually flip it up onto my head and carry it onto my car.

I have to agree with the seat area not draining away properly though.
A solution I have found is to put a bit of foam into a garbage bag and then sit on that, then your butt stays dry.

I hear Cheater likes a wet ass though... :?
Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl. ~Ernest Hemingway
mozza
Apprentice
kayak: kingfisher

Post by mozza »

Ok i get where you guys are coming from, empty its a managable weight, but mine allways has things like the sounder battery, anchor&chain, wheel trolley. tackle boxes and other gear, loaded ready to go. thats where the extra weight comes from, probably cause i dont pack it everytime i go out,or unpacking when i come back to shore, so putting it on the roof packed is not an ideal situation (for me). Compared to a single size minnow or barra kayak that you can carry on your shoulder (empty) there is a dramatic difference in perspective of whats light and managable and whats long, has some weight and is an absolute #### to pull up a slope over a distance (empty) I know as i have been caught out twice. It really needs two people to move it into some places at times.
Widsa
Site Admin
kayak: Wavedance Kingfisher

Post by Widsa »

Totally understandable, if you have all that gear in it.
Cheater and myself are machines of men though so a PA is no trouble for us either... :evilgrin:

... drag set... and wait for it...
Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl. ~Ernest Hemingway
Bigyakka
Square eyes
kayak: 2010 P.A a sexy dune one

Post by Bigyakka »

Widsa wrote:Totally understandable, if you have all that gear in it.
Cheater and myself are machines of men though so a PA is no trouble for us either... :evilgrin:

... drag set... and wait for it...
Ahhh good old forum fishing :thumbsup:
78.5cm, 5.5kg Snapper Sunnyside, 59cm flathead safety beach, 56cm Salmon safety beach, 60cm Snook Black Rock, 34cm King George Whiting Oliver Hill, 38.5cm Bream Patterson River