Wavedancer Echo V's Sierra.

Got an review on your kayak? Post it here!
Gozz
Lord of the fish
kayak: PA14 and 2 ebay jobs.

Re: Wavedancer Echo V's Sierra.

Post by Gozz »

Thanks mate.
I reckon your right. I'll get $250 for it if I sell it pretty easy I'd like to hope. :)
How do u like the revo. I have a outback coming and I'm hanging big time.
kads

Post by kads »

Gozz wrote:
kads wrote:I just measured my front scuppers for you...they are 50mm centre to centre.
Thanks for going out of your way for me.
I just measured mine and they where 245mm centre to centre, did you mean 250mm.
Ill post another pic so you can see which holes it goes in.
Thanks again mate.
sorry Goz, I was typing too fast...I meant 250mm centre to centre, but my yak is hanging up above a heap of shelving and I cant get exactly under it to measure perfectly....so it could well be 245mm.....so you should be fine. :thumbsup:
Gozz
Lord of the fish

Post by Gozz »

kads wrote:
Gozz wrote:
kads wrote:I just measured my front scuppers for you...they are 50mm centre to centre.
Thanks for going out of your way for me.
I just measured mine and they where 245mm centre to centre, did you mean 250mm.
Ill post another pic so you can see which holes it goes in.
Thanks again mate.
sorry Goz, I was typing too fast...I meant 250mm centre to centre, but my yak is hanging up above a heap of shelving and I cant get exactly under it to measure perfectly....so it could well be 245mm.....so you should be fine. :thumbsup:
Na your right mate, thanks for that.
Yeah that will make life simpler cause I can mix and match from one to the other.
ajt223
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Hobie Revolution

Post by ajt223 »

Gozz wrote:Thanks mate.
I reckon your right. I'll get $250 for it if I sell it pretty easy I'd like to hope. :)
Yep I bought my echo off the trading post for $350 & had it for 3 years & sold it for $300 so your laughing. The way I figured it, even if I got stuff all for it, 3 years of fun for $350 is still good value but I got lucky.

I love the revo for everything except its weight. I'm a little bloke which probably doesn't help the cause. It was much easier moving/lifting the 16kg echo than the 26kg revo. Wheels are mandatory for the revo. If I had my time again I'd actually buy the revo 11 coz its 5kg less but it wasn't around when I bought mine. As I said earlier once you get a Hobie Mirage of any sort you'll never go back to paddle only. I wonder if anyone has?

aj
Gozz
Lord of the fish

Post by Gozz »

ajt223 wrote:
Gozz wrote:Thanks mate.
Yep I bought my echo off the trading post for $350 & had it for 3 years & sold it for $300 so your laughing. The way I figured it, even if I got stuff all for it, 3 years of fun for $350 is still good value but I got lucky.

I love the revo for everything except its weight. I'm a little bloke which probably doesn't help the cause. It was much easier moving/lifting the 16kg echo than the 26kg revo. Wheels are mandatory for the revo. If I had my time again I'd actually buy the revo 11 coz its 5kg less but it wasn't around when I bought mine. As I said earlier once you get a Hobie Mirage of any sort you'll never go back to paddle only. I wonder if anyone has?

aj
Thats the exact same reason I went for a little light Yak.
I can throw it on or in the car and I'm off.
A couple months ago a mate bought a smaller yak like the echo and I just marvel at the ease of his yak loading compared to mine.
Gozz
Lord of the fish

Post by Gozz »

I picked up the little yellow machine today's and went straight to Patto river for a run.
Ok the little Echo is no kingfisher but it's not to bad for a yack of only 2.7mts long.
I found stability wasn't rock solid but reasonable for a small yack but I did notice when shaking side to side it doesn't take much effort to get to the stage where water would come into the cockpit.
The water was level with the top of the scuppers and I got a wet bum but then I plugged the scuppers (not my bum :lol: ) and that fixed the problem.
I think me being 100kg would have helped stability but also contributed to the water being level with the scuppers.
The only other negative was the lack of room.
For someone who want's to have some fun with the family and a little light fishing it fits the bill but for a serious fisho it's just to small I reckon.
ajt223
Qualified Fish Monger

Post by ajt223 »

Gozz wrote:I think me being 100kg would have helped stability but also contributed to the water being level with the scuppers.
Its a catch 22 isn't it. My 60 odd kg meant it was unstable for me but I don't recall the water coming thru the scuppers. I'm not so sure about the lack of room tho'. That could be a complaint about the revo too but I guess no matter what you've got you'd always be wanting a bit more room. Too much room is never enuff (think storage space in your garage or shed).

aj
Gozz
Lord of the fish

Post by Gozz »

ajt223 wrote:
Gozz wrote:I think me being 100kg would have helped stability but also contributed to the water being level with the scuppers.
Its a catch 22 isn't it. My 60 odd kg meant it was unstable for me but I don't recall the water coming thru the scuppers. I'm not so sure about the lack of room tho'. That could be a complaint about the revo too but I guess no matter what you've got you'd always be wanting a bit more room. Too much room is never enuff (think storage space in your garage or shed).

aj
I agree mate.
The only yack thats got heaps of space is a PA.
ajt223
Qualified Fish Monger

Post by ajt223 »

Gozz wrote:The only yack thats got heaps of space is a PA.
And I wouldn't mind betting the blokes that have got one still reckon they need more.

aj
Gozz
Lord of the fish

Post by Gozz »

ajt223 wrote:
Gozz wrote:The only yack thats got heaps of space is a PA.
And I wouldn't mind betting the blokes that have got one still reckon they need more.

aj
A mate has a pa but he lives in the states.
He's coming back home in a month or two so I'll get to try it out.
He loves it. He said he wants to raise the seat to get more storage underneath.