Show off your kayak!
Franko
Lord of the fish
kayak: Dune AI, stealth Supalite X

Re: A stranger in the night

Post by Franko »

leap wrote:
cheaterparts wrote:
laneends wrote: ---- stealths is wrapping anchor lines around rudder, does it happen (I know trent did it) and how do you free it?
ask Leejo he is the expert in anchor ropes and or fishing lines around his rudder - and how do you free it hav a mate with very wet sleeves a lot of the time

:lol: I admit its happened a couple of times, however, I can summarise it as follows.
1) keep an eye out for the water flow when you decide to stop for a chat while you are trolling a couple of lures
2) dont go crazy with rods as cheater does (I have now stopped doing it). A little bit of Insider news, he carries more stuff in his kayak than my wife carries in her bag. Both end up not finding what they want :lol:
If you dont believe me try lifting his kayak, its heavier than a PA.
3) there is not much you can do when you have 3 rods and end up hooking up gummies and stingrays at the same time. :?
Bahahahahahah
0401 314 820

Instagram Page Franko Fishes
Franko
Lord of the fish

Post by Franko »

The issue above being discussed is one of the reasons I like the old rudder on my stealth peace of mind when dragging loading etc. Although it would not perform as well due to drag.
0401 314 820

cheaterparts
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: Stealth Profisha 525 ---

Post by cheaterparts »

My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Long tail Tuna 86 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Cobia 117 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 44 hood length

cheater
0402 208 657
laneends
Vyak Addict
kayak: Quests 11 13 Adventure 16 Revo 16 ORSki epic k1

Post by laneends »

Thats the flush type rudder though not the type on the profishas which I guess are more vulnerable
Reeling
Lord of the fish
kayak: Stealth PF 525

Post by Reeling »

laneends wrote:
Thats the flush type rudder though not the type on the profishas which I guess are more vulnerable
I think cheater was hinting to Frank that there is a mod for his style rudder (superlite), which would also infer that its possible to get a line caught from the front
Tuna 20.5kg ---KingFish 90cm --- Snapper 84cm --- Gummy 83cm (55cm legal) ---- Whiting 40cm --- Silver Trevelly 41cm --- Flathead 52cm --- Aussie Salmon 38cm --- Squid 34cm hood

Facebook Page Reeling Fish
Instagram Page Reeling Fish
Franko
Lord of the fish

Post by Franko »

Lucky I don't fish solo, hahahaha
0401 314 820

peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Post by peatop »

Been watching some youtube vids of late and one from Rokkit Kit, from February mods to his new carbon fiber stealth, which made me think of this post in regards to the discussion on mounting the transducer, Ron (i think thats his name) has done a very nice job mounting his under the yak and running the wires through the yak, not quite what i had in mind but definitely looks good :up:

https://youtu.be/xpAzoKj14zY
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
Joshua
The force is strong in this one
kayak: 2011 Red AI - 2014 Dune Outback

Post by Joshua »

peatop wrote:Been watching some youtube vids of late and one from Rokkit Kit, from February mods to his new carbon fiber stealth, which made me think of this post in regards to the discussion on mounting the transducer, Ron (i think thats his name) has done a very nice job mounting his under the yak and running the wires through the yak, not quite what i had in mind but definitely looks good :up:

Rod! (Rocket Rod - Rokkit Kit) Really nice guy. Yours truly makes a brief appearance in the "Bad Weather Bonito" video before deciding not to go out due to the weather (I was in a Stealth Supalite)
Love his channel!
Best catch - Stingray on a hard-body
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Post by peatop »

Yeah i couldn't decide rod or ron but i find guys will come to anything you call them, but not if you call them late for lunch :evilgrin:
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
Seasherpa
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Lots of composite ones

Post by Seasherpa »

peatop wrote:Been watching some youtube vids of late and one from Rokkit Kit, from February mods to his new carbon fiber stealth, which made me think of this post in regards to the discussion on mounting the transducer, Ron (i think thats his name) has done a very nice job mounting his under the yak and running the wires through the yak, not quite what i had in mind but definitely looks good :up:

I'm not sure I'd be as game as Rod to put a hole in the bottom of a ski worth almost $5,000, it puts a lot of faith in the abilities of sikaflex. Very tidy end result, but it would make me super paranoid in surf launches or any time the boat was getting hammered.