Hi All

New? Say G'Day here!
benc120382
The force is strong in this one
kayak: 4.3

Re: Hi All

Post by benc120382 »

Hi Mal I changed the seat out after my first trip and Is much better now stability wise and paddling it handles the chop pretty well when the wind does comes up. You are right could do with a better rudder tho
Seasherpa
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Lots of composite ones

Post by Seasherpa »

benc120382 wrote:Hi Mal I changed the seat out after my first trip and Is much better now stability wise and paddling it handles the chop pretty well when the wind does comes up. You are right could do with a better rudder tho
It might be that the rudder blade rises up under paddle power? If someone paddling with you could check, you could add a section of shock cord to hold it down in the water. That would be enough up hold it under paddle power but hitting a stump or something more solid would let it pop up.
benc120382
The force is strong in this one
kayak: 4.3

Post by benc120382 »

Seasherpa wrote:
benc120382 wrote:Hi Mal I changed the seat out after my first trip and Is much better now stability wise and paddling it handles the chop pretty well when the wind does comes up. You are right could do with a better rudder tho
It might be that the rudder blade rises up under paddle power? If someone paddling with you could check, you could add a section of shock cord to hold it down in the water. That would be enough up hold it under paddle power but hitting a stump or something more solid would let it pop up.
Thanks for the tip Eoin I’ll give it a shot. I am very happy with kayak I have added a fish finder and changed the seat it came with and so far has managed to handle the conditions really well when the wind comes up a bit earlier than forecasted and have managed to bag out on squid off point cook my last 2 trips in about 2 hours each time so I am a very happy boy and am loving the sport.
Attachments
2C36F8C8-BB35-4AAD-83BF-0D3951057D1F.jpeg
2C36F8C8-BB35-4AAD-83BF-0D3951057D1F.jpeg (12.42 KiB) Viewed 2035 times
bruyaka
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Hobie Sport, Revo 13

Post by bruyaka »

Welcome Ben :up: . Nice looking first yak . Enjoy and stay safe .