Red Centre.

Completely off topic!
happyas
Lord of the fish
kayak: stealth evo 465

Red Centre.

Post by happyas »

Well this one will rack up a few brownie points. Taking the wife on her bucket list trip to Alice and Uluru via Coober Pedy. Be nice to get away from this windy cold weather. Back in a couple of weeks.
laneends
Vyak Addict
kayak: Quests 11 13 Adventure 16 Revo 16 ORSki epic k1

Re: Red Centre.

Post by laneends »

happyas wrote:Well this one will rack up a few brownie points. Taking the wife on her bucket list trip to Alice and Uluru via Coober Pedy. Be nice to get away from this windy cold weather. Back in a couple of weeks.
Needless to say you are not taking the kayak and rods
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Post by peatop »

There are some really nice waterholes around alice ;) hmm if they have water in them be prepared for the heat, i went up there this time of year :o started out at 4° when we borded the plane in Adelaide got to alice was high 20's and just got hotter every day, 39 the day we left, got to Adelaide and cried it was so friggin cold lol, damn nice place was going to take the 4x4 on the next trip hmm but never did that trip lol don't forget rainbow vally it's not far off the hwy, there is a motel at the gap, you can drive through it and feed the rock wallabies (no you can't keep them) have fun i really enjoyed my time there :thumbsup:
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
Digger
Vyak Addict
kayak: Tinny, Piers anywhere I can!

Post by Digger »

Have a great trip Larry!

We might head back to Darwin ourselves later in the year. Great place!
spider25160
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie itrek 11

Post by spider25160 »

We went a few years ago about this time of year with the PA on the roof...Thought we might launch it in Lake Eyre didn't happen but the trip was fantastic
peatop wrote:There are some really nice waterholes around alice ;) hmm if they have water in them
It is recommended not to fish in the waterholes around the Alice and the McDonald ranges out of respect.

Enjoy every moment of it.
Your mind is like a Parachute! It only works when it is open
Yak PB's: Snook 68cm, Black Bream 38cm, KGW 50cm, :up: Couta 72cm, snapper 45cm Australian Salmon 64cm Redfin 37cm EP 39cm Blue throat wrasse 46cm Dusky Flathead 56cm :yahoo:
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Post by peatop »

spider25160 wrote:We went a few years ago about this time of year with the PA on the roof...Thought we might launch it in Lake Eyre didn't happen but the trip was fantastic
peatop wrote:There are some really nice waterholes around alice ;) hmm if they have water in them
It is recommended not to fish in the waterholes around the Alice and the McDonald ranges out of respect.

Enjoy every moment of it.
I wasn't thinking of fishing, more just for getting a different perspective on the surrounding areas
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
Seasherpa
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Lots of composite ones

Post by Seasherpa »

Enjoy the trip Larry :thumbsup:
Windknot
Lord of the fish
kayak: Malibu Mini X & Native Watercraft Propel

Post by Windknot »

My wife must have been sick of the holidays that I organised each year, as they always involved going somewhere where the fishing was good and I would always spend too much time fishing, in her eyes, at least. Last year she decided she would organise our next holiday and low and behold, she wanted to do a car trip, towing our camper, to Uluru and Alice Springs, where there wasn't a chance I could go fishing.

As it turned out, I loved the trip. I can recommend it to anyone.

With all the brownie points earned from the red centre trip last year, I can now organise another ripping fishing holiday destination for this year.
There's only a fine distinction between fly fishing and standing on the bank looking like an idiot.
bruyaka
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Hobie Sport, Revo 13

Post by bruyaka »

Just saw your post Larry. Whether you've been before or not I'm sure you will both love it . I spent 3 months with my wife in the area and further last year . Great to get some open air and different pace . .. Enjoy :up:
happyas
Lord of the fish
kayak: stealth evo 465

Post by happyas »

DSC_2125 (640x360).jpg
DSC_2031 (640x360).jpg
[
DSC_2177 (640x360).jpg
]Well I am back. What a very different place is central Australia. Impressive. Coober Pedy's landscape looks like a scene from the first world war. Lots of craters and holes, and lots of hills and piles of rubble. Alice is a bigger place than I expected, although you would need leg holes through your yak if you wanted to venture out on to the Todd River. I think it has been two years since they had rain up there. Uluru was very interesting and bloody expensive! ($900 a night with the extras included). The paintings in the cave are interesting with the most recent added in 1846. It was an interpretation of a camel foot print. (New to the then population). I have added a couple of pics. Dropped by some of the wheat silo art in S.A. and Victoria on the way home. That also is very impressive. Sorry didn't notice till too late, one pic is on its side.