Ricketts to Cerberus/Black Rock

Completely off topic!
Yako
Lord of the fish
kayak: PA 14, A.I, Revo16 & 4.1 Ocean Kayak

Ricketts to Cerberus/Black Rock

Post by Yako »

As I wasn't allowed to go fishing today I convinced my wife to go for a walk from Ricketts to Black Rock and Back.
All the while I'm making mental notes of what looks like good areas to fish, where boats were anchored, checking the wind/wave and water clarity (which wasn't great with lots of brown weeds/grass washed up all along the beach and a bit of junk floating in the water also)
I was quite surprised there were no yaks out there but I guess 11 am everyone would have gone home already, although I did see one bloke driting around in his yak around the Cerberus wreck.

Checking the parking meters they still want their Blood on public holidays at Ricketts and Black Rock at $6.00/Hr or $18 Day - Darn Rip Off. I parked opposite the tea room for 2.5Hrs free :yahoo: (Public Holiday Road rules are different).
Not sure what the go is parking a trailer at Black Rock as they have about 20 spots for boats with trailers but the parking meter is right there, so I guess free to launch but $18.00 to park :?

The water was a little choppy but really would have been a good day on the water I reckon - Sooo much fishin and Sooo little time :lol:
John 3.16/17
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Re: Ricketts to Cerberus/Black Rock

Post by peatop »

But didn't they remove parking fees for boat trailers? I always had my eyes glued to the water when on a family outing to the water ;)
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
ecoronad
The force is strong in this one
kayak: native watercraft ultimate 12

Post by ecoronad »

If you've got a boat trailer, you can park for free in the boat trailer parking and launch your boat/yak for free. But if you've got a roof topper yak, like me, you have to pay the ridiculous $6/hr or $18 all day to park in the car park.
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Post by peatop »

Oh yeah i follow :cry:
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm