East Gippsland Fires.

Completely off topic!
Digger
Vyak Addict
kayak: Tinny, Piers anywhere I can!

Re: East Gippsland Fires.

Post by Digger »

Thanks Pete, we’ll get there but as you say it’s one thing after another. The first and almost as damaging was 3 years of deep drought, then fires, now COVID.

The hardest part is no relief valve of trips to Mallacoota, but then we are all feeling these restrictions together.

We will come back of course as the alternative isn’t worth thinking about but it does test you somewhat.

OTOH but for the fires we wouldn’t have met and got to know all the wonderful volunteers that have been here earlier to help out.

Gael scone making prowess has improved enormously so at least there’s that....Grin~
Jacko
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie Outback

Post by Jacko »

Seasherpa wrote:Thinking of you today Dig, hope the rebuild is going well and you are enjoying a few quiet ones. :cheers:
X2 I was thinking of digger & all the other service men & women on the 25th April.
It was a very different ANZAC day.
Normally I would have been marching with friends, relatives & descendants of my fathers RAAF association.
This year I reflected by reading memorabilia and watching some videos posted by the group.
Digger
Vyak Addict
kayak: Tinny, Piers anywhere I can!

Post by Digger »

Jacko wrote:
Seasherpa wrote:Thinking of you today Dig, hope the rebuild is going well and you are enjoying a few quiet ones. :cheers:
X2 I was thinking of digger & all the other service men & women on the 25th April.
It was a very different ANZAC day.
Normally I would have been marching with friends, relatives & descendants of my fathers RAAF association.
This year I reflected by reading memorabilia and watching some videos posted by the group.

Thanks Jacko appreciate the thought mate! I watched (yet again) the re-run of the "Battle of Long Tan" and recorded the one about “Fire Support Base Coral”. That’s enough war stuff for one day!