orange safety flag

SAFETY FIRST!! Please read as no fish is worth dying for.
Ghurkin
Vyak Addict
kayak: Hobie outback

Re: orange safety flag

Post by Ghurkin »

viperdevil wrote:For people who are S#!^ like me with DYI, there are readymade flags in BCF for $20 or the Hobie ones at $125 with safety anchor light :up:
Its not just DYI youre S#!^ at Praz :shifty: just thought I would point that out
People laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at them because they're all the same.
Dodger
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Hobie Outback in YumYum Yellow

Post by Dodger »

hey Tipsta... i remember in a previous tread you forgot your dry pants before going out..... now its your safety flag... has all that "bling fishing" blurred your vision mate?? :D
snapperboy
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie outback red

Post by snapperboy »

I know there is already 2 in the safety section but should this Mabey be another " sticky" ( if that's what you call them )
HaTTerS
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: None (temporarily)

Post by HaTTerS »

done!
Poised on the edge of sanity.
Ghurkin
Vyak Addict

Post by Ghurkin »

HaTTerS wrote:done!

yehhaaaaa!! I got a sticky one :lol:
People laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at them because they're all the same.
Widsa
Site Admin
kayak: Wavedance Kingfisher

Post by Widsa »

Ghurkin wrote:

you probably wont get this reply until the morning but it will be made sticky by then.... :lol:
Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl. ~Ernest Hemingway
Ghurkin
Vyak Addict

Post by Ghurkin »

Ghurkin wrote:
Thats not a bad idea except I like the idea of something more permanent. Like a orange soccer ball - that size anyway but not that weight
what about one of those plastic poles that you see at road works..the ones in the rubber base.it is fluro orange with reflective tape at the top...you could put a light in that for night time use...like darth vader's light saber... :lol:

and have my bright orange kiddies plastic ball up there for daytime use. I do like this ball idea for daytime all I need is a stick & I'm away. Can't get charged with theft whereas I might if I somehow acquire one of them roadside safety pole thingys.
saftey is not something to be taken lightly however may I suggest if you cut the ball into a motorctcle style helmet shape you could wear it like a helmet, and we would laugh our asses off and piff toads at a rather excellent target :lol:

on a serious side, check out the photos on the first post and remember, that little flag is a couple of kilometres away and is easily seen, so my suggestion is, keep it simple, get a flag coz we know it can be seen, then play around with other ideas if you want to.

stay safe, be seen, catch fish :up:

Another thing, the guy whos flag this is in the pic is probabaly wearing a hi viz jacket and that helps too, but because the earth is round(it is too cheater!!) we can only see the flag,

I like the hig viz soccer ball helmet idea, start a new trend :lol:
snapperboy
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie outback red

Post by snapperboy »

Ghurkin wrote:

Hahahaha you bloody weirdo
luckyjack
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: hobie outback

Post by luckyjack »

hi just a point after the gummy comp. l noted more things we have to make us visable one thing was for a start there were four red kayaks witch are were about 12ft x about 6 to 8ins witch you could seen really esy !And there were people with dark clothing on and the people with red or yellow jumpers witch are also very good 1 to 1.1/2 ft of good visable material make it esy to see ! as a flag is a about 9 ins by 4 ins ! so all l am saying is the larger areas stand out the most so the more areas we have the better ! hope this is help full also you can by a hi vis pull over that has reflet tape for night time for under $10.
TIMYE
Apprentice
kayak: hobie revo 11 olive

Post by TIMYE »

I used to peddle out without any flag, reading this soon after join the forum put a bit DIY, I put a safety flag on a homemade flag on an old rusty metal pole, wrapped it with a lot waterproof led strip and cover the rest of pole with carbon fiber sticker
Thanks for input,everybody :clap:
Tim
PB on yak:
Snapper 46cm, KGW 36cm, Flathead 38cm, Salmon 38cm, Squid 23cm, redfin 25cm, trout 26cm