New Stealth Fusion 480

Got an review on your kayak? Post it here!
Gunna
Apprentice
kayak: Ocean Kayak

New Stealth Fusion 480

Post by Gunna »

Been watching the development of this new line from Stealth, who have always made Fibreglass kayaks.
This is the second video showing the manufacturing process.

Not too shabby for 4.8m and weighing 27-28Kg's
Seasherpa
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Lots of composite ones

Re: New Stealth Fusion 480

Post by Seasherpa »

Eagerly awaiting the next container to get my hands on the test boat.
Just to add a little more info:
The hull weight is 27kg expect about 30kg for a fitted out kayak.
The fusion name comes from the dual materials used -plastic hull but fibreglass livewell, a rear hatch to reduce weight.
Three colours available orange, yellow or lime green.
Transducer scupper, livewell and rod hatch in a quick plastic should make for a good combo!
The price point is good too compared to the competition in the paddle market and we’re giving $300 off the first 20 boats so if you get in early it’s yours for $2195 :evilgrin:
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Post by peatop »

now hang on a minute :evilgrin: weren't there comments made at time with regards to the differences in glass and plastic yaks? didn't I hear the glass owners bagggggg plastic? :evilgrin: I will say, I like the idea of the composite construction :up: will be interesting to see how well these go and if some change to the plastic over time, and the speed difference is also of interest.
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
cheaterparts
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: Stealth Profisha 525 ---

Post by cheaterparts »

peatop wrote:now hang on a minute :evilgrin: weren't there comments made at time with regards to the differences in glass and plastic yaks? didn't I hear the glass owners bagggggg plastic? :evilgrin: I will say, I like the idea of the composite construction :up: will be interesting to see how well these go and if some change to the plastic over time, and the speed difference is also of interest.
Both have there advantages Pete. Plastic is heavier and of cause is not as stiff there is no doubt the plastic stealth will be a bit slower. However plastic is normally a bit more user freindy running up on beaches and the odd rock My guess they will be a fairly good option against the other kayaks in its class ( the Viking and Ok prowler ) at a guess with its length and width it will probably be quicker than others in the high end plastic range

It very well could be on a winner
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Long tail Tuna 86 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Cobia 117 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 44 hood length

cheater
0402 208 657
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Post by peatop »

cheaterparts wrote:
peatop wrote:now hang on a minute :evilgrin: weren't there comments made at time with regards to the differences in glass and plastic yaks? didn't I hear the glass owners bagggggg plastic? :evilgrin: I will say, I like the idea of the composite construction :up: will be interesting to see how well these go and if some change to the plastic over time, and the speed difference is also of interest.
Both have there advantages Pete. Plastic is heavier and of cause is not as stiff there is no doubt the plastic stealth will be a bit slower. However plastic is normally a bit more user freindy running up on beaches and the odd rock My guess they will be a fairly good option against the other kayaks in its class ( the Viking and Ok prowler ) at a guess with its length and width it will probably be quicker than others in the high end plastic range

It very well could be on a winner
yeah Iv'e gotta agree with what your saying, to me they look just like a plastic version of the glass ones so very suited to surf launches :thumbsup: I don't know the Prowler but after having a good look at the Viking. the setup on those is pretty hard to to beat. I think they will sell well as you say they are in that class where it gives the high end buyers another choice and the composite design is definitely a winner.
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
westy
Lord of the fish
kayak: hobie compass and adventure island

Post by westy »

Love to see a test review on these, look very interesting :evilgrin:
Seasherpa
PHD in Yakology.

Post by Seasherpa »

Due to arrive first week of September so dependent on Richard's whereabouts, I should have the demo one soon after.
Here are the final production specs for those interested:
Length: 4.80m / 15.748ft
Width: 0.680m / 26.7 inch
Weight: +_ 31kg / 68,3 lbs
Max Angler Weight: 130kg / 287 lbs
Capacity: 220kg / 485 lbs

Compasion to other Stealth models:
Stability: 10/10
Speed: 6/10
Glide: 5/10
Maneuverability: 8/10
Surf Ability: 7/10
laneends
Vyak Addict
kayak: Quests 11 13 Adventure 16 Revo 16 ORSki epic k1

Post by laneends »

Sharper nose and slightly narrower and lighter than a bare hull adventure, should be enough edge for me to catch a glass stealth in one :evilgrin:
Seasherpa
PHD in Yakology.

Post by Seasherpa »

laneends wrote:Sharper nose and slightly narrower and lighter than a bare hull adventure, should be enough edge for me to catch a glass stealth in one :evilgrin:
Especially if it is my fat ass in the glass :lol:
cheaterparts
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: Stealth Profisha 525 ---

Post by cheaterparts »

Seasherpa wrote:
laneends wrote:Sharper nose and slightly narrower and lighter than a bare hull adventure, should be enough edge for me to catch a glass stealth in one :evilgrin:
Especially if it is my fat ass in the glass :lol:
does that arse still fit in glass my guess the arse beam is wider that the glass beam
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Long tail Tuna 86 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Cobia 117 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 44 hood length

cheater
0402 208 657