Tandem Upgrade

Got an review on your kayak? Post it here!
outback paul
Square eyes
kayak: Revo 13

Tandem Upgrade

Post by outback paul »

I'm considering an upgrade from the old Aquayak tandem.
It's served me well over the years, but I'm desperate for a yak with comfortable seats. Will still do most of my fishing solo from the Revo, but would like a tandem yak suitable for paddling some rivers with my girlfriend, and also for chasing snapper & gummies in the bays with my adult son.

Both the "Lovig Asylum Double" @ 369 cm length, and the "Stingray 13.5 Tandem" from Native Watercraft @ 411 cm length look promising (along with a number of other yaks that all seem to be about 370 - 380 cm length). Ideally I'd prefer a yak over 4 metres long for the bays, and would love to have another Hobie, but unfortunately the comfortable seats only come in their pedal yaks.

So if you have any experience with tandem yaks, or thoughts on what's available on the market, I'd be very grateful for your feedback. Thanks, Paul
westy
Lord of the fish
kayak: hobie compass and adventure island

Re: Tandem Upgrade

Post by westy »

How about the Compass tandem Paul.
outback paul
Square eyes

Post by outback paul »

westy wrote:How about the Compass tandem Paul.
Hey Paul, how's it going?
I agree that the tandem Compass certainly looks the business. I'm just not sure that I want to splash out that much cash, without knowing how much use it will get. I'm also thinking that a lot of it's use might be exploring shallow rivers (with my girlfriend) using paddles rather than pedals.
bjspinner
Lord of the fish
kayak: PA14 180Drive/ Oasis

Post by bjspinner »

outback paul wrote:
I agree that the tandem Compass certainly looks the business. I'm just not sure that I want to splash out that much cash, without knowing how much use it will get. I'm also thinking that a lot of it's use might be exploring shallow rivers (with my girlfriend) using paddles rather than pedals.
You can still paddle them, best of both worlds.

We have the vantage seat Oasis this was an upgrade on the 2013 model with the bucket seats, the vantage seats are worth the money so much more comfort and ease of manoeuvring in the seat over the older versions.
Mobile 0418991898
PB: Micro surgery on one of Scuba Sue's Gummy's
outback paul
Square eyes

Post by outback paul »

bjspinner wrote:
outback paul wrote:
You can still paddle them, best of both worlds.

We have the vantage seat Oasis this was an upgrade on the 2013 model with the bucket seats, the vantage seats are worth the money so much more comfort and ease of manoeuvring in the seat over the older versions.
Hey Bruce, I certainly agree with you about the seats (that was the reason I went for the 2013 Revo), and that's the only reason I'm considering replacing the old Aquayak Tandem :thumbsup: