"Marukyu Isome Sand Worm"

What lures are working and people's reviews and photos on what they have caught on them!
Pog
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Yellow Hobie PA 12

"Marukyu Isome Sand Worm"

Post by Pog »

Heard about these 'plastic worms' before Xmas, and anglers involved reckon they are really good on the KGW. I spoke to James at 'Rodbendings' in Inverloch, and he assured me he had caught numerous 'ting in Anderson's Inlet, using a 'jig head' type setup. I have no reason to doubt Jame's assessment of the lures, as he apparently was given a 'sample' to try by a distributer.

I have tried to purchase some from Inverloch, to no avail, so 'MO Tackle' sent me some, and they arrived today. Colours selected.........dark red & brown. They are in a 'standard' type plastic, re-sealable packet, engulfed in some type of liquid??? Whilst typing this piece, I seem to remember Paul Worstling raving about them on a previous fishing jaunt to S.A. on the 'ting, where he claimed to be catching them on rather small pieces pinned to a normal sized whiting hook.

Now me being rather gullable when it comes to any 'new whizz-bang lures', .......MUST have some in the tackle box!.......tackle stores just smile and rub their hands in glee , when they see poor "old Pog' come staggering through their doors, credit card poised for action, ready to buy!!!

I intend to give them a reasonable test on the 'ting, (when I can get out to do so), and was wondering if any other members have tried these things, any success, and if so, what type of rig etc???

I look forward to your learned comments.

Cheers,

"Pog"
bjspinner
Lord of the fish
kayak: PA14 180Drive/ Oasis

Re: "Marukyu Isome Sand Worm"

Post by bjspinner »

I have used them on the ting at reef island, they were good although they did seem to attract more grass tings than KGW.
One thing I have found works well from seeing Lobolocco post from the same area was the bass yabbie style SP, if you get a KGW on them it's going to be a good fish.
Mobile 0418991898
PB: Micro surgery on one of Scuba Sue's Gummy's