Waterproofs in Melbourne?

Questions new members commonly ask e.g. Which kayak should I buy?
Fish Grylls
Square eyes
kayak: hobie revo

Waterproofs in Melbourne?

Post by Fish Grylls »

Can anyone suggest a store in Melb where I can eyeball some of the sexy winter gear you guys are wearing - Sharkskins? etc. Also waterproof socks. It is mainly cold and wet legs and feet that are dissuading me from going out in the colder stuff.
fishingbay
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Hobie adventure island

Re: Waterproofs in Melbourne?

Post by fishingbay »

Slhobie in mornigton have a good range of waterproof gear.
Fish Grylls
Square eyes

Post by Fish Grylls »

Thanks, Mornington is a bit out of my way. Anything in old Melbourne town?
Bretty
Yak Master
kayak: HOBIE OUTBACK RED

Post by Bretty »

Action kayak and sail do free postage :thumbsup:
Brett
Fish Grylls
Square eyes

Post by Fish Grylls »

Had a look at the Lavacore Elite pants and Solution Cag outer pants, both look the goods and thinking of getting both. Will try to look at the sharkskins to compare with the Lavacore first though. Most reviewers on the net seem to favour the skins.
I am bit scared to ask about Kokatas, ....... yes I have used the search button! and about 90 minutes trolling through the posts!. I'll try anyway.... Are the socks removable? or are they one piece. There would an obvious advantage to one piece but it would be nice to be able to use the kokatas with a pair of shoes, on boat, etc. :?:
Bretty
Yak Master
kayak: HOBIE OUTBACK RED

Post by Bretty »

Fish Grylls wrote:Had a look at the Lavacore Elite pants and Solution Cag outer pants, both look the goods and thinking of getting both. Will try to look at the sharkskins to compare with the Lavacore first though. Most reviewers on the net seem to favour the skins.
I am bit scared to ask about Kokatas, ....... yes I have used the search button! and about 90 minutes trolling through the posts!. I'll try anyway.... Are the socks removable? or are they one piece. There would an obvious advantage to one piece but it would be nice to be able to use the kokatas with a pair of shoes, on boat, etc. :?:
Ting the sox are fixed to the pants you could still wear shoes on the boat with them on :thumbsup:

I use my Kokatas for everything from surf fishing to the yak they're awesome and I wouldent think twice about buying another pair.

If it was my hard earned cash I would skip the lavacores, sharkskins and all the other pants and grab some Kokatas you can wear them all year round winter and summer and you can wear different clothes under them depending on the weather ie: shorts,trackie dacks or nothing :shock:
Brett
yakgear
Lord of the fish
kayak: y

Post by yakgear »

These guys are in preston and have it all... they are by appointment..

http://www.paddlesports.com.au/
Fish Grylls
Square eyes

Post by Fish Grylls »

Thanks for the replies guys. Bretty, music to my ears that the Kokatats can be used for other types of fishing. Would be great if you could wear them with some blunnies or boots. Yakgear will check out that mob. Good timing as heading to Northcote to spend a couple of days at mums tomorrow, with a bit of luck might walk away with some kokatats.