Yak Dive Mission: Cape Woolamai

Into yak based Diving? Talk about it here!
dilwad
Apprentice
kayak: Hobie Oasis

Yak Dive Mission: Cape Woolamai

Post by dilwad »

Looking at a yak mission to attack Cape Woolamai's kings and crays this Monday 27 Jan. The girlfriend and I will be heading out in the Oasis and if you're interested or will be in the area let me know.

If you don't like sharks better to stay at home.
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign

Re: Yak Dive Mission: Cape Woolamai

Post by maverick »

Hey Dilwad have you dived from the Yak before? Have you been out to Cape Woolamai on the yak before? It can get a little nasty through the entrance.
Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.
dilwad
Apprentice
kayak: Hobie Oasis

Re: Yak Dive Mission: Cape Woolamai

Post by dilwad »

maverick wrote:Hey Dilwad have you dived from the Yak before? Have you been out to Cape Woolamai on the yak before? It can get a little nasty through the entrance.
Yup, dived inshore from the yak at various spots from walkerville to eden. Have boat dived woolami before, about as good at it gets other than the prom.

Plan A is to launch from the woolami surf beach and B is through Cleeland Bight. This is subject to closer scruitiny of the forecast and prevailing observation when I get down there. I have no illusions about the entrance, particularly as plan b would include riding the incoming tide back with a forecast northerly, which is why it's not plan A.

Posted so if mingle or the like are in the area they can come over and say hi.