No Fishing For Me

New? Say G'Day here!
Rodt68
Apprentice
kayak: Crusader 2 (Soon when I pick it up)

No Fishing For Me

Post by Rodt68 »

G'Day All,

Have asked a few questions in the Newbie Questions section on different yaks that i was looking to buy and am happy to say that i ended up getting a cheapie that looks like it may be OK :yahoo: and reckoned i should come here and say g'day and thanks to all that gave me advice. It is a two seater Crusader and it comes with seats, paddles and an Eagle Cuda300 fish finder and depth sounder battery transducer cables. The last couple of additions are funny as i made a point of letting people know that i am not interested in fishing with the yak and i end up with some fishing gear :wtf: Don't even know what depth sounder battery transducer cables are :eh:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (102.3 KiB) Viewed 2406 times
Managed to get it for under $400 which was the budget and the reviews don't seem too bad for what i want to use it for (dams, lakes etc to just paddle around in). The only problem is that it is in Brisbane and i live about 7 - 8 hours drive away so will have to get a mate to pick it up for me and wait till i can get there to collect (probably June long weekend).

Have learnt a lot already about yaks from reading through the site and hope to learn a lot more. I will need to harden up though to get into the thing at this time of year but will try and make the effort

Thanks for all the help so far and look forward to being part of the yak community

Rod
Seasherpa
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Lots of composite ones

Re: No Fishing For Me

Post by Seasherpa »

Congrats Rod, nice to see you managed to get one on budget. Don't for get to practise climbing back in from deep water as we all go for a swim eventually. Also don't trust those hatch+bag combos with any phones/electronic keys they all leak! Pick yourself up a small drybag and put your keys/phone in that before putting into the hatch.
Good luck out on the water. :thumbsup:
Hvalross
Lord of the fish
kayak: Yellow Hobie Pro 14

Post by Hvalross »

Goodonya for letting us know you got what you were after. I am in hopes that you have a lot of enjoyment with it. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Andrew
When all else fails........read the instructions!
Studies have shown that people who have more Birthdays tend to live longer...
joffarob
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie PA 14 Dune

Post by joffarob »

Well done Rod, great buy. :thumbsup: It starts with just paddling then you think can't hurt to take a rod and drag a lure out the back. Next thing you know depth sounder a and transducers are every day words :evilgrin:
Rodt68
Apprentice
kayak: Crusader 2 (Soon when I pick it up)

Post by Rodt68 »

Thanks guys for all the words. Wasn't even thinking about gear and stuff so once again have learnt something new :up:

Roger that on the practice of climbing in and out. Will have to lose a few kegs to make it easier but hopefully will be able to sort out some degree of "graceful" entry :oops:
joffarob wrote:Well done Rod, great buy. :thumbsup: It starts with just paddling then you think can't hurt to take a rod and drag a lure out the back. Next thing you know depth sounder a and transducers are every day words :evilgrin:
Mate you never know but at the very least I will be able to look at pretty pictures as paddle along "enjoying the serenity".

All keen now so i may have to pull my finger out and go for a drive (14 hours isn't that long is it?).

Cheers

Rod
zarbs
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Hobie Outback

Post by zarbs »

You might need to stop a few times on the way back to see if it still works