gday

New? Say G'Day here!
Dario
kayak: wavewalk 700

gday

Post by Dario »

hello all, am very new to this scene,and to my yak,looking forward to the warmer weather when i can get my yak out,got a lot to learn,wouldnt mind teeing up with some one
erik the viking
Square eyes
kayak: 2015 Outback

Re: gday

Post by erik the viking »

Welcome Dario.
Enjoy your yakking.
You don't need warm weather to enjoy your yak.
There are some fine days coming soon.
Just not as many as we would all like!
Read all that's available on here, as there is lots to learn.
And be safe.

E
gaspardtoulouse
The force is strong in this one
kayak: hobie outback 2015

Post by gaspardtoulouse »

Hi mate!
Welcome on vyac!
Read a lot, ask some questions :thumbsup:
Enjoy your new yak and check the "fishing trip" topic i m sur you ll find people fishing your area;)
See you on the bay!
Anthony
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Hobie PA12

Post by Anthony »

Hey Dario, welcome aboard :wave1:

As Erik said there's plenty of cold weather action but you do need the right gear. Make sure you check out the safety section, there's plenty of info on keeping warm during winter as well as other safety aspects to consider when kayak fishing.

Keep an eye out on the Fishing Trips section if you want to tag along with other members. Pretty much everyone here doesn't mind helping out beginners in my experience and I've learnt a tonne both about kayaking and fishing from people here.
Seasherpa
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Lots of composite ones

Post by Seasherpa »

Welcome to the forum Dario, if you add a location and the type of fishing you want to do im sure we will have you tagging along on a trip in no time.
Dario
kayak: wavewalk 700

Post by Dario »

hey thanks guys, i live in balnarring,and can very crudely wheel my yak to the water,only been out a couple of times,would have loved to got it a bit earlier,would have taken it out and practiced getting in and out and tipping it over,just so i could know what to expect,not that i hope that ever happens,specially if you've got plenty of gear on board,i think i will wait for summer when it warms up to do that,just got my self an anchor and am going for a running anchor trolley set up,as soon as i can master a knot to finish the job off,hopefully i will be able to sit in the one spot and throw a line in i i'm not much of a fisherman but i do enjoy it and there is always something to learn
Yako
Lord of the fish
kayak: PA 14, A.I, Revo16 & 4.1 Ocean Kayak

Post by Yako »

Welcome Dario.
See who's in your area or going to launch there on a calm day and see if you can tag along.
I personally haven't kayak fished Ballnaring (only LB) so I couldn't advise.
Shane (with 5000 posts) knows the area really well and is seriously knowledgeable and helpful :up:
John 3.16/17
shane
Vyak Addict
kayak: Hobie AI, PA14, Quest and an ebay tandem

Post by shane »

Hi Dario and welcome. As mentioned I've fished the Balnarring area a fair bit. It's been my most consistent spot for big fish over the last couple of years, anything from flathead, squid and KGW right up to big gummies and sharks. I'll more often fish the area in the evening through to later at night and usually a couple of k's out from the beach where the weed thins out. I'll typically post in fishing trips when I'm heading there and you're welcome to tag along. You will need a light setup and I can help you out with advice on rigs etc. I'm overdue for another visit but just looking for the right swell/wind combination and of course a time I'm free. Keep an eye on the trips section but also do a bit of research on here of previous Balnarring trip reports, anchor and light setups, gear, rigs etc.
0408 565 763