The Vibe

What lures are working and people's reviews and photos on what they have caught on them!
loboloco
Lord of the fish
kayak: single sit on top

Re: The Vibe

Post by loboloco »

Just goes to show that some days are gold and others quite.
This is certainly true, however different vibes will actually work better in different situations! So tying on two or three different vibes during an entire day simply wont suss it out. I often change to two or three different vibes in an hour or two until I find one that will get em.
But they are obviously much harder to get when they are quiet.
Differet vibes will vibrate differently! ;)

Cheers
Loboloco
Bomber James
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: hobie PA

Post by Bomber James »

Good call.
I will certainly persist with them,Cant wait to try them on the reddies and trout at Eildon.

Cheers
Jef
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Mission Flo, Hobie Revolution 13 & AI

Post by Jef »

Jenko wrote:I've tried them a few times, but so far caught "O" :(
Now I feel depressed being the only looser who hasn't caught anything on vibes :( you all suck...... :mrgreen:
Jenko wrote:Update: Now I have caught 2 bream on vibes. I think a love affair has just begun.
I'll follow you Jenko, I've never used them but I'm going to have a crack at the Patto this weekend, and hopefully have an update like yours.
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign

Post by maverick »

Jef, Blue Rock Dam is called Lake Disappointment - I called Patto River - Frustration Creek, it is tough - don't be disappointed and I am hoping you aren't. Follow loboloco or Bream_nutt, DEano or mattyP around if you can. (that is if matty P divulges where he is going to fish).

cheers
Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.
mattyp
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Hobie PA

Post by mattyp »

Patto Pete, Patto! ;)
Cheers,
Matty

ImageImageImage
Jef
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Mission Flo, Hobie Revolution 13 & AI

Post by Jef »

Yep Maverick,
in the days when we did dabble the line in the Patterson, it was usually a lot of work, hit and miss, and the pickings were meager compared to Bemm, Marlo and the Gipsland system where we started to frequent...ah, the single carefree days. These days its a fit in between the various commitments but the balance for me is that there's more experience, a more relaxed approach and the purpose is the fishing experience not just the fish caught.

I've never been to Blue Rock Dam, there's something like that out past Moe on the way to Walhalla. We camp in a loverly spot up there short of Walhalla.

Found the Lure thread so I'm now a little more informed and presume my old silver wobbler would fall into the vibe category. As I looked at the lures there I have to admit that I'm am a bait fisherman at heart. It seems a fairer exchange, if the fish gets off it keeps the bait. Anyway I'll call into anaconda and check out the vibes and have a crack with them, but I think I'll take some bait also. It's pretty hard to surpass fishing for salmon and (or tailor in summer) on light lines with an unweighted bait.

Cheers Jef
Nickos
kayak: Hobie Outback Mirage

Post by Nickos »

Massive fan of the Vibe style lure. The River 2 Sea baby vibe would have to be my favourite, followed up with the Strike Pro Micro.

Love it..
twavvy
Lord of the fish
kayak: Perception Swing

Post by twavvy »

They took me a few days to work out at Bemm (Was there for a week - No fish for the first day and a half!), but hitting up to 15 fish a session by the last day! :D
Trav