A stranger in the night

Show off your kayak!
Seasherpa
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Lots of composite ones

Re: A stranger in the night

Post by Seasherpa »

peatop wrote:Looking good Nath :clap: going to be a hard year for me watching all these nice new glass yaks, thinking if only lol.
I’ll have to work on a deck chair ski as a one off custom side project Pete :lol:
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Post by peatop »

Seasherpa wrote:
peatop wrote:Looking good Nath :clap: going to be a hard year for me watching all these nice new glass yaks, thinking if only lol.
I’ll have to work on a deck chair ski as a one off custom side project Pete :lol:
Lol i was going to suggest that to Eoin but i thought it might be rude ;)

I need to spend a few hmm lot of hrs in a glass yak to see if it/i can do what i want to do, but i want another yak for sure, one that will do what i want and glass will do it but will glass do what i want? Hmmm i should have borrowed a glass yak for a week b4 buying the PA maybe, but now im thinking i was meant to get the PA ;) but i think at this stage i would gave to go second hand, no moving parts to learn on glass lol.
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
spider25160
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie itrek 11

Post by spider25160 »

peatop wrote:
Seasherpa wrote:
Lol i was going to suggest that to Eoin but i thought it might be rude ;)

I need to spend a few hmm lot of hrs in a glass yak to see if it/i can do what i want to do, but i want another yak for sure, one that will do what i want and glass will do it but will glass do what i want? Hmmm i should have borrowed a glass yak for a week b4 buying the PA maybe, but now im thinking i was meant to get the PA ;) but i think at this stage i would gave to go second hand, no moving parts to learn on glass lol.
Don't give up on the PA there is not another yak on the market that can carry that much gear.....I am struggling to downsize my fishing gear into the AI from the PA and those glass things are even smaller.
Your mind is like a Parachute! It only works when it is open
Yak PB's: Snook 68cm, Black Bream 38cm, KGW 50cm, :up: Couta 72cm, snapper 45cm Australian Salmon 64cm Redfin 37cm EP 39cm Blue throat wrasse 46cm Dusky Flathead 56cm :yahoo:
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Post by peatop »

Oh! No way i would give up on the PA im absolutely loving it, i think i made the right choice however this doesn't change my mind in regards to glass, I've always loved the idea of being out on the ocean in a glass yak, this is from an early age but it was not something i ever considered as i couldn't justify the cost involved for a pleasure craft, however fishing from said craft had never entered into the equation ;)

I will be buying another yak at some point, whether this is glass or another hobie AI or revo im not sure, but this wont happen anytime soon lol
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
westy
Lord of the fish
kayak: hobie compass and adventure island

Post by westy »

Very nice Nath, rather its a 5.25 pro fisha,with live bait tank or without. :thumbsup:
Reeling
Lord of the fish
kayak: Stealth PF 525

Post by Reeling »

It's not one with the livewell.....i have to have something to upgrade to haha
Tuna 20.5kg ---KingFish 90cm --- Snapper 84cm --- Gummy 83cm (55cm legal) ---- Whiting 40cm --- Silver Trevelly 41cm --- Flathead 52cm --- Aussie Salmon 38cm --- Squid 34cm hood

Facebook Page Reeling Fish
Instagram Page Reeling Fish
bagpuss
Apprentice
kayak: Stealth Profisha 475

Post by bagpuss »

Great looking Kayak
were in wales are you from ?
Reeling
Lord of the fish
kayak: Stealth PF 525

Post by Reeling »

bagpuss wrote:Great looking Kayak
Thanks mate.grew up 4 miles outside abergavenny in the Brecon beacons national park. But lived the last 8yrs of my time in Cardiff
Tuna 20.5kg ---KingFish 90cm --- Snapper 84cm --- Gummy 83cm (55cm legal) ---- Whiting 40cm --- Silver Trevelly 41cm --- Flathead 52cm --- Aussie Salmon 38cm --- Squid 34cm hood

Facebook Page Reeling Fish
Instagram Page Reeling Fish
Jacko
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie Outback

Post by Jacko »

Seasherpa wrote:

Nice yak Nathan,

Do a two off custom Eoin, I'll have the 2nd.
Then Cheater can do a one off custom on my trailer to carry a plastic outback and a glass stealth.
bagpuss
Apprentice
kayak: Stealth Profisha 475

Post by bagpuss »

Reeling wrote:
bagpuss wrote:Great looking Kayak
Thanks mate.grew up 4 miles outside abergavenny in the Brecon beacons national park. But lived the last 8yrs of my time in Cardiff
Small world my wife is from Chepstow and I'm from Alvington about 6 miles up the road