Does this only happen in the sport of kayak fishing?

SAFETY FIRST!! Please read as no fish is worth dying for.
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Re: Does this only happen in the sport of kayak fishing?

Post by peatop »

I think most of us have all the safety equipment they could require us to use anyway, i sent an email to better boating or some organization similar pertaing to these stores sell kayaks that are potentially unsafe, outlining that they really should only be sold in a store that sells watercrafts eg: SLH, AWS and other marine shops, but it seemed to fall on deaf ears :cry:
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
laneends
Vyak Addict
kayak: Quests 11 13 Adventure 16 Revo 16 ORSki epic k1

Post by laneends »

4liters wrote:Haha and on cue someone is bragging about picking up a couple of those anaconda Berkeley yaks for $100 each because the weight rating was inaccurate and it should only be rated to 90kg or something.
And someone accused you of being jealous just because you try to point out the obvious.. :roll:
Yako
Lord of the fish
kayak: PA 14, A.I, Revo16 & 4.1 Ocean Kayak

Post by Yako »

From time to time I try give some tips & occasionally someone has a go at me but generally I’m so over it.
It’s like trying to shovel manure up a steep hill
John 3.16/17
spider25160
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie itrek 11

Post by spider25160 »

Yako wrote:From time to time I try give some tips & occasionally someone has a go at me but generally I’m so over it.
It’s like trying to shovel manure up a steep hill
Yep Been there done that. These days I limit myself to pointing the enquirer to here and hope that at least some of them will see the light.
Your mind is like a Parachute! It only works when it is open
Yak PB's: Snook 68cm, Black Bream 38cm, KGW 50cm, :up: Couta 72cm, snapper 45cm Australian Salmon 64cm Redfin 37cm EP 39cm Blue throat wrasse 46cm Dusky Flathead 56cm :yahoo: