Hobie itrek 11 inflatable

Got an review on your kayak? Post it here!
spider25160
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie itrek 11

Hobie itrek 11 inflatable

Post by spider25160 »

Photo courtesy Hobie
Photo courtesy Hobie
So last week I received a new toy. :yahoo: The Hobie itrek 11 inflatable. Wednesday I decided to give it a shakedown by looking for Bream along the jetties in the canal at Portland. This is something I have wanted to do for a long time but my previous PA 14 and current AI are hard to control in tight water. I parked in the corner near the skate park and unpacked, inflated and attached the rudder, the pedals and seat. I didn't time it but it was less than 10 minutes. Loaded the fishing gear and dragged her to the water. she weighs around 25kgs so inflated is easy to move around even without a trolley. She floats in less than an inch (25mm) of water so mounting without getting your feet wet is almost possible. The itrek moves very easily through the water and at full lock on the rudder spins in its own length. The wind affects it easily as with all inflatables but with the rudder and propulsion fins under water you have some control. I was able to put myself in all the right places to cast my cranka crab perfectly (most of the time) and thoroughly fish the structures. The only thing that was interested was a stinky wrasse. (first fish on the cranka ever) I continued past the bridge and halfway to the end of the canal before changing to a small hardbody and trolling back. Picked up 2 mini salmon, one on each hook of the 50mm lure at the same time and that was it for the fish but I am so impressed with the itrek it did it all and I was in luxury the whole time. I packed and deflated just into the ute to take home and rinse the salt off. I left her out overnight to dry and packed her into her roller suitcase this morning. And it all fits in well. Unlike most things that come with bags Hobie has made this one big enough for the average person to fit it in without having a degree in packaging.
Your mind is like a Parachute! It only works when it is open
Yak PB's: Snook 68cm, Black Bream 38cm, KGW 50cm, :up: Couta 72cm, snapper 45cm Australian Salmon 64cm Redfin 37cm EP 39cm Blue throat wrasse 46cm Dusky Flathead 56cm :yahoo:
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign

Re: Hobie itrek 11 inflatable

Post by maverick »

Thanks for sharing, looks good.
Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.
Deefer
kayak: Intex Excursion Pro k1 Inflatable Kayak

Re: Hobie itrek 11 inflatable

Post by Deefer »

This is a very cool looking rig, almost like a SUP with a deck chair. Looks cosy as hell.
I am a huge fan of inflatable kayaks and the advancement in design and application, Ideal for people traveling say in a caravan
or 4WD with limited space or anyone who enjoys the sport but has limited storage at home.
Though out of my price range at the moment, its great to read a first hand review, enjoy it