Kayak fishing club

General offshore yakking discussion.
vjp
kayak: Prowler 4.1

Kayak fishing club

Post by vjp »

Hi guys I need some help I like to start a kayak fishing club what do I need thanks merry Xmas to kayakers be safe and wear your PFD
pete49
Apprentice
kayak: perception swing

Re: Kayak fishing club

Post by pete49 »

get active and keen members is a start. Good luck with that in this day and age though.
vjp

Post by vjp »

Thanks
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign

Post by maverick »

Where doyou want to base it and what do you want to achieve? It has been discussed on here lots of time. Run a search. There is lots to consider if you want to run comps or anything of an organised nature. You are probably better off aligning yourself with an existing fishing club, grow that first and then determine if you want to go it alone. I am always happy to share my knowledge and experience if you wish.
Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.
vjp

Post by vjp »

Around port Vincent,stansbury,wool bay,edithburgh that south Australia
vjp

Post by vjp »

maverick wrote: 25 Dec 2022, 19:34 Where doyou want to base it and what do you want to achieve? It has been discussed on here lots of time. Run a search. There is lots to consider if you want to run comps or anything of an organised nature. You are probably better off aligning yourself with an existing fishing club, grow that first and then determine if you want to go it alone. I am always happy to share my knowledge and experience if you wish.
thanks maverick
vjp

Post by vjp »

vjp wrote: 26 Dec 2022, 11:27
maverick wrote: 25 Dec 2022, 19:34 Where doyou want to base it and what do you want to achieve? It has been discussed on here lots of time. Run a search. There is lots to consider if you want to run comps or anything of an organised nature. You are probably better off aligning yourself with an existing fishing club, grow that first and then determine if you want to go it alone. I am always happy to share my knowledge and experience if you wish.
thanks maverick
Yes i like get some with if you don't mind maverick I been trying to get one started about 2yrs now
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign

Post by maverick »

Given you are South Australia apparently, it might be better to look into SA based fishing forums or facebook groups as a starting point to ascertain interest. What do you want to achieve by starting a club?
Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.