King Kraft 11 Pedal

Got an review on your kayak? Post it here!
Reeling
Lord of the fish
kayak: Stealth PF 525

Re: King Kraft 11 Pedal

Post by Reeling »

I noticed that I had slop in my rudder lines on my revo 13 and when I adjusted them tight and took the yak out next, i almost lost my balance haha. It was more of a noticeable difference in terms responsiveness then when I later "upgraded" to the larger rudder.

(not that the larger rudder was specifically to be more responsive - it was more for staying in the water in following seas)
Tuna 20.5kg ---KingFish 90cm --- Snapper 84cm --- Gummy 83cm (55cm legal) ---- Whiting 40cm --- Silver Trevelly 41cm --- Flathead 52cm --- Aussie Salmon 38cm --- Squid 34cm hood

Facebook Page Reeling Fish
Instagram Page Reeling Fish
spider25160
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie itrek 11

Post by spider25160 »

Metime wrote: Is there a preference between cord and stainless cable?
I don't know the set up on the king craft but I would suggest spectra cord. It is stronger and more flexible than stainless and has no stretch should last longer. Spectra is not cheap but imo worth every cent. If it is going to break the budget go with the stainless I think anything else will have too much stretch for the job.
Your mind is like a Parachute! It only works when it is open
Yak PB's: Snook 68cm, Black Bream 38cm, KGW 50cm, :up: Couta 72cm, snapper 45cm Australian Salmon 64cm Redfin 37cm EP 39cm Blue throat wrasse 46cm Dusky Flathead 56cm :yahoo:
Metime
Apprentice
kayak: Kings Kraft Peddle kayak -Malibu Mini X

Post by Metime »

I failed to mention that when i first bought the kayak, it came with a rubber coated steel cable. It was installed incorrectly without 'cable tubing' and as a result there was significant wear and tear on the cable. They replaced it with a cord which I presume its spectra. I will be tightening it up and will see if there is any improvement in the tracking. Will see how it pans out. Otherwise will consider a bigger replacement rudder.
Alexbye
kayak: Kings Kraft

Post by Alexbye »

Hey guys ! Just wondering if anyone has a rudder for their Kings Kraft lying around? Many thanks