ecogear bream prawn and DOA shrimp

What lures are working and people's reviews and photos on what they have caught on them!
Lvyakker
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie revo 13

ecogear bream prawn and DOA shrimp

Post by Lvyakker »

just two lures that have given me a lot of success recently mainly on bream and flatties :up:
Didn't think the bream prawns would work as they seemed to have no action to them.

DOA - $5 a lure
Bream prawn - $9 in a pack of I think 10 or 12 can't remember
Attachments
DOA shrimp - 80 cm flathead and 55 cm bream
DOA shrimp - 80 cm flathead and 55 cm bream
18-313.jpg (4.38 KiB) Viewed 2230 times
Bream prawn - caught me about 32 bream in about 3 hours at mallacoota
Bream prawn - caught me about 32 bream in about 3 hours at mallacoota
loboloco
Lord of the fish
kayak: single sit on top

Re: ecogear bream prawn and DOA shrimp

Post by loboloco »

I like the DOA prawn, they are dynamite on eps

The others I don't like using, as you ay they have no action and primarily rely on scent to catch fish (but they do work for that reason)

Cheers
Loboloco
Windknot
Lord of the fish
kayak: Malibu Mini X & Native Watercraft Propel

Post by Windknot »

I've heard the Ecogear prawans are good on bream, but so far, I've steered away from them, preferring a SP with some sort of action, ie, a curly tail in preference. I might have to give them a go one day.

I have often tried using other larger prawn look-a-like soft plastics. Some of them look very life like indeed, but I have never caught a fish on one, so they have been relegated to the bottom of the storage container. Confidence is a big thing when fishing lures.
There's only a fine distinction between fly fishing and standing on the bank looking like an idiot.
Lvyakker
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie revo 13

Post by Lvyakker »

Windknot wrote:

I have often tried using other larger prawn look-a-like soft plastics. Some of them look very life like indeed, but I have never caught a fish on one, so they have been relegated to the bottom of the storage container. Confidence is a big thing when fishing lures.
That wouldn't happen to be the prawnstar?
And yeah I find that they tend to catch bigger fish or big mouthed fish just the little fish steer clear of them or just hit it
twavvy
Lord of the fish
kayak: Perception Swing

Post by twavvy »

The DOA prawns were plastics before there were plastics! I remember spending my time in high school (Maybe mid-nineties?) fishing around the Merimbula Lake system catching flatties on them, and occasionally monster yellowfin bream. When using them, we often ran a stinger hook near the end of the tail, and that accounted for far more bream as they always just grabbed the tail. :up:

Also, they were the first lure that I had any real success on EP's at Bemm on - DOA prawns and strike pro galaxia minnows in the fluro orange and pink/white. Ahh the memories..... :D
Trav
g factor
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: hobie sport

Post by g factor »

ive used the bream prawns, and I have donutted in 3 states with them, and as soon as i switch a lure i catch. Never using them again. They tear easy, cost a bit, smell, and for me personally they just havent performed well at all!
194?id=583603321692194&sk=app_251458316228