Crab lures

What lures are working and people's reviews and photos on what they have caught on them!
viperdevil
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Hobie Outfitter & Sevylor Pointer K2

Crab lures

Post by viperdevil »

Has anyone tried these? looks like currently out of stock.....will check again and buy few to try when they are in stock me thinks

http://www.omglures.com.au/#!crab-soft- ... lures/cwp1

Look wise these look more realistic than cranks lures and we can buy 3 of these and still have couple of $ left compared to the cranka crabs which are about $21.....i hear a lot of research went into cranka ones and might have better action but will get couple of the other ones and see how they go

Cranka model here

http://www.fishin.com.au/store/cart_det ... _Code=CRAB
Praz
Jenko
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Big Aluminium One

Re: Crab lures

Post by Jenko »

If the pictures are right that one actually looks better than the Cranka Crab (that everyone is sick of waiting for). Have to keep an eye on those so when they get new stock I might have to purchase a few. Their Blades aren't to badly price either.
Cheers Gary...
WestVic Signs 0429 184 940
I got a sweater for Xmas, really wanted a moaner or screamer.

Flathead PB 83cm Bream PB 43cm Luderick 38cm
jaydeo
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Outback!

Post by jaydeo »

the omglures are great except their version of the crab are a bit to big and heavy compared the the crankas.
Scott Lovig
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Hobies

Post by Scott Lovig »

They look similar at first glance but are very different in reality.
Cheers

Scott Lovig

Scott Lovig Hobie
03 5975 6399
12C Satu Way Mornington 3931
http://www.slhobie.com.au
Windknot
Lord of the fish
kayak: Malibu Mini X & Native Watercraft Propel

Post by Windknot »

I think those crab lures might be a bit too big for bream generally. Bream are surprising sometimes though, in that they will take lures that are a lot bigger than what you would expect. I think the Cranka Crabs will be of a much more suitable size for bream, personally. They do look good though.
There's only a fine distinction between fly fishing and standing on the bank looking like an idiot.
cbarker54
Lord of the fish
kayak: Red Outback

Post by cbarker54 »

Depends I how they measure the 125mm. If its overall length (leg to leg) then I don't reckon it is too big could even temp a gummy at that size watta ya reckon Vikodin :shhh:
CB

I couldnt think of anything witty or funny to say and didnt really want to post my PB fish from the yak cause all I manage to get are toadies so I thought I'd take the time to fill in the blank space and say pretty much absolutely nothing and annoy every-one who has taken the time to read this.
viperdevil
PHD in Yakology.

Post by viperdevil »

Windknot wrote:I think those crab lures might be a bit too big for bream generally. Bream are surprising sometimes though, in that they will take lures that are a lot bigger than what you would expect. I think the Cranka Crabs will be of a much more suitable size for bream, personally. They do look good though.

I was thinking of bouncing of the bottom and with 18gm it might do that well even with a bit of chop thinking targeting Snapper/flatheads with the 125mm ones
Praz
Kingo
Lord of the fish
kayak: Olive Hobie Pro Angler 12

Post by Kingo »

viperdevil wrote:
Windknot wrote:I think those crab lures might be a bit too big for bream generally. Bream are surprising sometimes though, in that they will take lures that are a lot bigger than what you would expect. I think the Cranka Crabs will be of a much more suitable size for bream, personally. They do look good though.

I was thinking of bouncing of the bottom and with 18gm it might do that well even with a bit of chop thinking targeting Snapper/flatheads with the 125mm ones
Snapper only eat nuke chook gulps :lol:
viperdevil
PHD in Yakology.

Post by viperdevil »

OMG Crab lures are in stock now....not updated on their website yet....Nick is doing a deal for $5.50 each(6.50 on website)....there are 4 colours.

I have just ordered 8(2 of each colour) and just $3 for delivery :up: email Nick at omglures@gmail.com if you want to get some booked before they run out.

No affiliation with this seller. Will post some pics after I get the delivery to see if they really look like what they are on their site.
Praz
Jenko
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Big Aluminium One

Post by Jenko »

viperdevil wrote:OMG Crab lures are in stock now....not updated on their website yet....Nick is doing a deal for $5.50 each(6.50 on website)....there are 4 colours.

I have just ordered 8(2 of each colour) and just $3 for delivery :up: email Nick at omglures@gmail.com if you want to get some booked before they run out.

No affiliation with this seller. Will post some pics after I get the delivery to see if they really look like what they are on their site.
Let us know what you think of them.

Postby cbarker54
Depends I how they measure the 125mm. If its overall length (leg to leg) then I don't reckon it is too big could even temp a gummy at that size watta ya reckon Vikodin

Am I reading it wrong, it says 80mm overall length?
Cheers Gary...
WestVic Signs 0429 184 940
I got a sweater for Xmas, really wanted a moaner or screamer.

Flathead PB 83cm Bream PB 43cm Luderick 38cm