Gday

New? Say G'Day here!
N205P
kayak: Scorpio terrapin

Gday

Post by N205P »

Gday all. Just wanted to introduce myself im Nathan out of sunbury. Just picked up my new addiction yesterday a Scorpio terrapin. Very new to kayaking been once or twice on my old mans kayak but that was enough for me to want to get my own kayak. Looking forward to reading any helpful tips you have to offer.

Thanks guys
shane
Vyak Addict
kayak: Hobie AI, PA14, Quest and an ebay tandem

Re: Gday

Post by shane »

Welcome Nathan.

There's already a huge resource on here for you to tap into. Have a read through the safety section then look at how others have rigged their yaks etc. The search box is usually very good at finding whatever you want to know. Otherwise just ask. :up:
0408 565 763
Babylon
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: 2017 Hobie Revo 13, Hobie Compass Duo

Post by Babylon »

Welcome aboard :thumbsup: Babylon
Tim399
Lord of the fish
kayak: Terrapin XL, 2012 PA14

Post by Tim399 »

welcome mate, we will have you on the water in no time :thumbsup:
joffarob
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie PA 14 Dune

Post by joffarob »

Welcome aboard Nathan, like the others said plenty of info and people willing to help put you on the fish. Cheers
westy
Lord of the fish
kayak: hobie compass and adventure island

Post by westy »

joffarob wrote:Welcome aboard Nathan, like the others said plenty of info and people willing to help put you on the fish. Cheers
x2 :thumbsup:
Cainos 18
kayak: Hobie Outback

Post by Cainos 18 »

G'day my name is Cain I'm new to the site joined last Tuesday.I have been a keen fisho since I was a kid and lucky to live very close to the beach(Rosebud). I fish all from my boat, then last year away on a trip I found myself wanting a different way of fishing, a couple work mate said to try kayak fishing so I did and loved it so last week I went and got myself a Hobie Outback few years old but in great condition now just need this wind to drop off to get out. Thanks for the add to this site I think I may learn heaps from the other fishos and yak users
shane
Vyak Addict
kayak: Hobie AI, PA14, Quest and an ebay tandem

Post by shane »

Cainos 18 wrote:G'day my name is Cain I'm new to the site joined last Tuesday.I have been a keen fisho since I was a kid and lucky to live very close to the beach(Rosebud). I fish all from my boat, then last year away on a trip I found myself wanting a different way of fishing, a couple work mate said to try kayak fishing so I did and loved it so last week I went and got myself a Hobie Outback few years old but in great condition now just need this wind to drop off to get out. Thanks for the add to this site I think I may learn heaps from the other fishos and yak users
Welcome Cain, you're off to a great start with the Outback. I get down to Rosebud occasionally mainly to fish Hovell Pile but Rosebud is a great general area to base yourself with so many great options nearby, PPB, WP and offshore. Enjoy VYAK. :up:
0408 565 763
gus fitzroy
Lord of the fish
kayak: revo 13

Post by gus fitzroy »

Welcome Folks!
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign

Post by maverick »

Welcome both, the teams even up: 1 westie and 1 eastie.
Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.