G'day!

New? Say G'Day here!
SamOgden
Apprentice
kayak: Hobie Outback

G'day!

Post by SamOgden »

Hey guys, I'm not new to fishing, but i am new to kayak fishing! I bought a second hand 2006 outback a couple of months back and have used it a few times and i have managed to get some flatties and bream out of it so far. I'm really keen to get into some snapper and gummies in it too! Can't wait to have a read through here and hopefully gather some info. I'll be sure to post a report whenever i go out. I'll possibly be heading out of ricketts point on saturday so keep an eye out for me, I'll be in an ivory dune coloured outback!

Cheers Sam
cheaterparts
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: Stealth Profisha 525 ---

Re: G'day!

Post by cheaterparts »

Hi there Sam - this is the place to be for kayak info - when the weather picks up there will be plenty of guys hunting those grey pocket rockets so keep an eye on the trip section
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Long tail Tuna 86 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Cobia 117 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 44 hood length

cheater
0402 208 657
leap
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Stealth 575

Post by leap »

Welcome Sam :clap:

Most people put a post out under "fishing trips" informing members of their fishing plans. Ask them and tag along. Worked for me :D
Yako
Lord of the fish
kayak: PA 14, A.I, Revo16 & 4.1 Ocean Kayak

Post by Yako »

G'day Sam and Welcome.
Good to see you started off wisely with a Hobie :lol:
John 3.16/17
SamOgden
Apprentice

Post by SamOgden »

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! i'll be sure to check that section out... cheers
Jacko
Lord of the fish

Post by Jacko »

leap wrote:Welcome Sam :clap:

Most people put a post out under "fishing trips" informing members of their fishing plans. Ask them and tag along. Worked for me :D
worked for me too & I was new to both fishing and kayaking.

And good choice on the 2006 outback - I bought a 2nd hand 2009 model in 2013 and havent looked back.
Only problem I had was the scupper tube developed a hairline crack.
Do you use a trolley cart with posts through the scupper tubes ?
If so I suggest you check the scupper tubes.
Mine developed a crack and I had to have a sleeve welded in to repair the leak.
The later models (After 2010) come from the factory with a sleeve to stop this from happening.