Extra Storage for a Double Sea Kayak

Show off your DIY project!
weekendwithbevo
The force is strong in this one
kayak: kayak

Extra Storage for a Double Sea Kayak

Post by weekendwithbevo »

Hello all,

With a 2 night trip away soon and wanting to use our sea kayak, storage space was identified as possibly a little on the tight side.
I decided to use a small amount of space under the deck for some small items freeing up space in the storage hatches.

Here's a link to my blog
https://weekendwithbevoblog.blogspot.co ... kayak.html

Cheers,

Murray :thumbsup:
cheaterparts
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: Stealth Profisha 525 ---

Re: Extra Storage for a Double Sea Kayak

Post by cheaterparts »

weekendwithbevo wrote:Hello all,

With a 2 night trip away soon and wanting to use our sea kayak, storage space was identified as possibly a little on the tight side.
I decided to use a small amount of space under the deck for some small items freeing up space in the storage hatches.

Murray :thumbsup:
I had a quick look at your plan just make sure it doesn't get in the way mainly if you need to get out upside down - the last thing you would need it something that could trap you if things went pear shaped - it would be worth trying it in a controlled way just to make sure it could be done with gear under the deck

and yes re entry practice is no fun this time of the year I know I was practicing ( or trying to do ) eskimo rolls a couple of W/Es back after doing the proccess 5 time only half way and then turning into wet exits while upside down - I did notice the water is damm cold atm
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Long tail Tuna 86 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Cobia 117 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 44 hood length

cheater
0402 208 657
weekendwithbevo
The force is strong in this one
kayak: kayak

Re: Extra Storage for a Double Sea Kayak

Post by weekendwithbevo »

Footwear being caught by the lashing hooks were a consideration and something that will be in the back of our minds. Where we’re planning is dead flatwater, so should be right. I could get some plastic chair legs to cap the hooks to negate the hook.