G,day again

New? Say G'Day here!
Brute
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Hobie

G,day again

Post by Brute »

I`m not totally new here but it`s been 3 or 4 years since I`ve posted . Sold my Revo 11 back in 2017 due to Illness . Wanted to get back into it so bought another brand new Revo 11 back in July and haven`t had a chance to use it yet due to shutdowns , so hopefully in the next few weeks we`ll be set free . Keep thinking maybe I should have got something more stable than a Revo so maybe I`ll get some of those floaty things out the side . I`ve bumped into a few members here in the past so hopefully I`ll bump into some more of you again . :thumbsup:
outback paul
Square eyes
kayak: Revo 13

Re: G,day again

Post by outback paul »

Hey Bruce,
Good choice! The Revo may feel a bit tippy at first, with primary stability not being as good as some other Hobies, but it's secondary stability is excellent, so it's ideal when the sea chops up a bit (mine's the Revo 13 so I probably get a slightly smoother ride).
shane
Vyak Addict
kayak: Hobie AI, PA14, Quest and an ebay tandem

Post by shane »

Welcome back Bruce. :clap: Hopefully I'll see you out on the water again soon. :up:
0408 565 763
Brute
Qualified Fish Monger

Post by Brute »

outback paul wrote:Hey Bruce,
Good choice! The Revo may feel a bit tippy at first, with primary stability not being as good as some other Hobies, but it's secondary stability is excellent, so it's ideal when the sea chops up a bit (mine's the Revo 13 so I probably get a slightly smoother ride).
The Revo does have its advantages , nice and light , easy to transport and maneuverable . I`ve had no probs pedaling in rough seas , but I can`t get to the front hatch when anchored and have the odd prob getting stuff from behind me (more so when rough) other than that I love it . Looking forward to the new one with the better seat and reverse .
Brute
Qualified Fish Monger

Post by Brute »

shane wrote:Welcome back Bruce. :clap: Hopefully I'll see you out on the water again soon. :up:
Looking forward to it Shane . :yahoo:
bruyaka
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Hobie Sport, Revo 13

Post by bruyaka »

Great your back into it :up: . Nearly :| . Good luck when you get a chance . :up: