Hiya all from a noob

New? Say G'Day here!
SheffSparky
kayak: Hobie Compass

Hiya all from a noob

Post by SheffSparky »

Hiya all,
I joined a few weeks ago, but was lurking bit quiet trying to learn a bit about it. Today i went and ordered a new compass, which i should get next week. Based in Werribee, i will prob cut my teeth in Cambells/Altona areas. which from reading the forum appear to be a great area to start out learning the ropes of using a yak. I hope to be doing a lot of soft plastics and a bit of bait, as well as spearfishing and believe the yak will be a great advantage, and a great way to keep active as an older guy (59). Anyway if you see someone looking totally bewildered, feel free to make fun of me.
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign

Re: Hiya all from a noob

Post by maverick »

Welcome Sean. :wave1:
Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.
cheaterparts
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: Stealth Profisha 525 ---

Post by cheaterparts »

SheffSparky wrote: 04 Nov 2022, 19:57 a great way to keep active as an older guy (59).
Oh to be 59 again ! there are a few of us the wrong side of 60 and on the slippery slope

Welcome to Vyak
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Long tail Tuna 86 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Cobia 117 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 44 hood length

cheater
0402 208 657
Widsa
Site Admin
kayak: Wavedance Kingfisher

Post by Widsa »

Welcome aboard Sean,
Tight lines mate
Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl. ~Ernest Hemingway
SheffSparky

Post by SheffSparky »

Thank you all.
outback paul
Square eyes
kayak: Revo 13

Post by outback paul »

Welcome to the group Sean. There's a heap of useful information on the forum to help get you started, and a great bunch of guys to fish with :thumbsup:
SheffSparky

Post by SheffSparky »

outback paul wrote: 06 Nov 2022, 21:43 Welcome to the group Sean. There's a heap of useful information on the forum to help get you started, and a great bunch of guys to fish with :thumbsup:
Its been a good read so far, tons of information. Will have to read a number of times. Just finished a flag/light pole for some late arvo, evening sessions (hopefully). Lol dont pick my kayak up untill this Friday, so just getting things ready.
Attachments
20221109_230247_resized_1.jpg