Teams & Solo Competition Scoreboard & Leaderboard

A year long comp where entrants try to catch as many species from the Victorian fishing handbook.
The biggest total length of all species wins.
Comp ends 31st Dec 2011.
Yacker
Yak Master
kayak: Yellow PA and red Q kayak

Re: Teams & Solo Competition Scoreboard & Leaderboard

Post by Yacker »

VERY early days Hatters....... and already he's weighing in undersized junk fish :D
Many and strange are the universes that drift like bubbles in the foam upon the River of Time
PoddyMullet
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Dagger Drifter 2, Perception Swing, Hobie Revo

Post by PoddyMullet »

Hardly a challenge though, jimmeny it is only February and I have another 10 months to flog everyone. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

On the back of you breaking your own rod Mav, this statement concerns me. Call the water police and have him arrested vyakkers....onwater pervert!!!! :shock: :shock:

Ya certainly got me looking over me shoulder for the rest of the year when I'm yak fishing!! :wtf: :wtf:
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign

Post by maverick »

Poddy Lives. :yahoo:

But have you been fishing? :lol:
Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.
PoddyMullet
Qualified Fish Monger

Post by PoddyMullet »

Living well here Mav, but no water time for me over the past month or so. Might have a butchers tommorrow. Fishing vicariously via ya mixed grill entires! :yahoo:
HaTTerS
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: None (temporarily)

Post by HaTTerS »

I've updated the 1st post in this thread with Feb's Scoreboard and Leaderboard
http://www.vyak.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=3951
Poised on the edge of sanity.
ratfish
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Outback + mini x + AI

Post by ratfish »

Better be some serious winter fishing for me at this rate, been off the water(at least Kayak wise) since apollo bay comp, and since I didn't bother to photo any of those catches with the monthly label we're not moving much Twav sorry. But since we're still so close to the "leaders" pfft this comp should be a walk over.
twavvy
Lord of the fish
kayak: Perception Swing

Post by twavvy »

ratfish wrote:Better be some serious winter fishing for me at this rate, been off the water(at least Kayak wise) since apollo bay comp, and since I didn't bother to photo any of those catches with the monthly label we're not moving much Twav sorry. But since we're still so close to the "leaders" pfft this comp should be a walk over.
Yeah mate I caught some monster bluethroat wrasse and pike at Apollo Bay, plus weighed in a 33cm flattie and a 37cm whiting (Only a 1cm upgrade though so not worth it! :D ), and have since caught the biggest grass whiting I'd ever seen (About 32cm), but I release them all and the missus isn't too keen on the DSLR coming out on the yak....... :evil:

I'll hit Jam Jerrup soon for some gumbos, but can we get clarification on what counts and what doesn't from someone in the know? ie. Whiting is it KGW and grass whiting or just generic "whiting". And what about bluethroat and all the other rubbish I seem to attract? Is the comp limited or is the spreadsheet going to continue to expand the amount of columns??? I might even have to land one of the big black sofas in WP next time! :evilgrin:
Trav
HaTTerS
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: None (temporarily)

Post by HaTTerS »

twavvy wrote:
ratfish wrote:Better be some serious winter fishing for me at this rate, been off the water(at least Kayak wise) since apollo bay comp, and since I didn't bother to photo any of those catches with the monthly label we're not moving much Twav sorry. But since we're still so close to the "leaders" pfft this comp should be a walk over.
Yeah mate I caught some monster bluethroat wrasse and pike at Apollo Bay, plus weighed in a 33cm flattie and a 37cm whiting (Only a 1cm upgrade though so not worth it! :D ), and have since caught the biggest grass whiting I'd ever seen (About 32cm), but I release them all and the missus isn't too keen on the DSLR coming out on the yak....... :evil:

I'll hit Jam Jerrup soon for some gumbos, but can we get clarification on what counts and what doesn't from someone in the know? ie. Whiting is it KGW and grass whiting or just generic "whiting". And what about bluethroat and all the other rubbish I seem to attract? Is the comp limited or is the spreadsheet going to continue to expand the amount of columns??? I might even have to land one of the big black sofas in WP next time! :evilgrin:
The spreadsheet will continue to grow as we get different species entered.
Having said that, some species will be deemed the same. i.e. flathead are just flathead and bream are just bream.
Whiting on the other hand are separate.
We are basing it on how easy the species is to identify... e.g. most people find it hard to identify the different species of flathead but most can identify grass whiting as apposed to KGW.... if you're in doubt about what to enter... just enter it and "we" (admin) will make the call as to whether it's a separate species or combined... have a read through the "Comp Rules and Guide" thread for more information. http://www.vyak.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=3469
Poised on the edge of sanity.
PoddyMullet
Qualified Fish Monger

Post by PoddyMullet »

Some good cm's being entered! :clap:

We're still cooking me old pool playing partner PaddlePop, true not much at the measure mat....but we've taken on the mantle (from Team BigYakka?) as the states most virile yakfisho's. A Josie Louise was found in the Poddy's cabbage patch. She didn't seem to have a dorsal fin, so won't be entered, and no releasing ths one cause she's too cute!. :yahoo: :thumbsup:

Beware Team PaddleMullet...we're so potent we can cause pregnancies with a casual glance! :shock:
twavvy
Lord of the fish
kayak: Perception Swing

Post by twavvy »

HaTTerS wrote:
twavvy wrote:

The spreadsheet will continue to grow as we get different species entered.
Having said that, some species will be deemed the same. i.e. flathead are just flathead and bream are just bream.
Whiting on the other hand are separate.
We are basing it on how easy the species is to identify... e.g. most people find it hard to identify the different species of flathead but most can identify grass whiting as apposed to KGW.... if you're in doubt about what to enter... just enter it and "we" (admin) will make the call as to whether it's a separate species or combined... have a read through the "Comp Rules and Guide" thread for more information. http://www.vyak.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=3469
Thanks mate :up:
Trav